Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1985 VN-700
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I just had a really close one. A guy was mowing his lawn without a chute deflector, blowing the leaves into the street. As I went by he kicked up a pretty large stone that hit me right under my leg on the upper part of the right side cover. 2 inches higher and he woulda had my thigh. I didnt stop as I didnt know what it was at the time until I got to my destination, then the bike wouldnt start. when I went back he was locked up and gone.:doh:

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Unfortunately the world is just full of people who just plain don't care. And unfortunately there is no way to prove he did it. Are you talking about the right engine sidecover or the plastic sidecover?

·
1985 VN-700
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The plastic sidecover, right under my leg. so close, it would have left a mark for sure. at first I thought it was the engine.

·
2,519 Posts
So I assume that didn't have anything to do with the bike not starting?

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Not too bad then, other than the sidecovers are no longer available for an '85. Now might be a good time to go with the chrome ones from a later year.

·
1985 VN-700
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. Bike was flooded. I havent been riding it much as my work moved quite far from home. If I ride it once a week i am lucky. This bike has always been a tempermental bitch. The gas was low so maybe that had something to do with the starting

·
1985 VN-700
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey shark. I sold some big Clarifiers for the Town of Lebanon, PA Water Treatment Plant with the company I work for. I just wrote a technical paper on them. Waiting for the district to respond with comments before publishing.

·
Banned
448 Posts
If you need a black cover from an 85 I will have one for sale next week. I'm picking up a 98 for parts, and I will be painting the side covers off of it to match the rest of my bike.
So if you need one, PM me.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
If you need a black cover from an 85 I will have one for sale next week. I'm picking up a 98 for parts, and I will be painting the side covers off of it to match the rest of my bike.
So if you need one, PM me.
Do you have a source for the '85 decals? I have black sidecovers on my '02, they are not original, I messed them up trying to modify them, did not like the chrome, and found some solid black ones. These were for a 2000+ model. The '02 may have looked black, but they were actually really dark green. The ones I got were solid black, non metallic. But I have no decals or emblems on them. I tried the oem emblems, but they fell off just like the originals. I have thought about having some vinyl stick on emblems made by a sign place, but I kind of like the unadorned sidecovers. What I would really like is a complete '85 paint scheme. But that would cost an absolute fortune to duplicate, and I don't want to spend huge amounts of money on a bike with so many miles on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts