Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the single screw that holds the side cover on. Some how I lost the one from my 2000 VN 750. Not sure if the year makes any difference or which side (right) is needed. Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
definitely see if you can find something that works at a hardware store. I've seen people listing single screws for $18 on ebay, and then scalp you for shipping on top of it.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts

·
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the all the information even if some is conflicting. It has caused me enough concern to be sure I know exactly what side I need and I will be sure to check hardware stores first due to the price quotes mentioned here. Once I confirm the proper side I may check back to see if anyone can give me a quick measurement as to the shaft length and I will take the remaining one to the store and work from there. I want to have some kind of head that will make it easy to remove if an emergency arises on the road but also lets me put the proper amount of torque to secure it. Maybe a shoulder bolt from Grainger or some other industrial supply house like Fastenal.

Thank you again for the information.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Brother....I got my spare engine....tell me which side and mail me yer shipping addy and I'll "next day" it to ya....or mebbe even deliver it, lol.....

I wanna see them wolf puppies down there anyway, since I got a contribution from as far as GA....

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
What is being asked for are bike side cover secure-ing screws...NOT engine side cover screws.

x2, yes, pic is accurate...two different lengths.

I'll try to measure lengths and post tomorrow......

:smiley_th

·
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is being asked for are bike side cover secure-ing screws...NOT engine side cover screws.

x2, yes, pic is accurate...two different lengths.

I'll try to measure lengths and post tomorrow......

:smiley_th
Correct and thank you.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Tommy bro...are yer side covers chrome ?...I got a pair if ya wan a trade....
I can mill and die some screws fer ya.........its that stepped screw..I can do that....

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
I have an extra set I'd let go for a fair price.. IF could find them, lol. I can't even find the pair that should be on my bike right now...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Right side...I'll make ya one....be a cupla days....I got an inspection of the house tomorrow for an asessment....Im leavin all my dirty sock and underwear ut, lol....kidding....my new landlady is way cooler than her sister was.....is just fer tax purposes....when they transfer the deed....but I gotta be here.....and my house looks like a bike shop right now, lol....gas tanks, tires, wheels, fenders, shocks....I gotta clean up a lil....my landlady dont care....shes good with me....I just gotta make stuff nice nice fer this assinine inspection.....

After thats done, and Im waitin fer paint to dry on a set of tins Im doin....I might deliver it....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Thats just V2000's way of givin ya a hug man....once ya get to know him, ya git to love him.... ;)

Besides, ya ARE a noob, lol....everyone here was once too, lol....
I hope ya make it to StrangeDays....got yer message about the FWDs...you can see em in person there....me and Goofin both have em....and by Sunday mornin, Spots will have his installed...NewRider's are FINALLY in Texas....

·
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ouch. That hurt. lol
Would have been on here a long time ago if I had knew of it.
Either way Glad to help.
That was really meant as a compliment. You helped and yet you are still learning the ropes here. No matter as to when you got here. You went out of your way to look up the price on a website that you had told us about and proved that the prices are much lower than the "stealerships". Thanks.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Well...thats what we all did here up until the recent BS.....

A few questioned the TOS....theres a phrase...."intentional disruption"....
Amazing that was never tagged to a few.....I would have, but was involved in the mire....I felt it wouldnt be right....but I banned 8 individuals on that one item....it translates to "troll"....not tollerated on ANY board....shouldnt be allowed now either, yet......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts