Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2,521 Posts

·
Banned
130 Posts
I think it was Einstein who said "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."

This stator mod has been discussed for years....

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?p=60633#post60633

The first attempt at this modification looks like quite a kludge, but I applaude Rags for doing an elegant job!

Someone should draw a CAD model of an offset bracket/cover and post it on the forum so others can take it to their local machine shop. This would fix the layered cover/mounting plate problem. Anyone use a 3D design package?

I hope that darrelc5 is getting royalties on that, I understand that he invented the thing.:baby:

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
I would be willing to pull the engine quite a few times before spending that kind of money. I have 70,000 miles and the original stator is still good. I figure (I hope) that if I have a stator fail, it will only happen once during the lifetime of the bike.

As for the other method, cutting a large hole in the stator cover with the cover still on the bike, NOT ON MY BIKE. I see no way to keep all or even most of all the grit and shavings from the cutting out of the engine, and once it's in there, it's in there, there's no getting it out. I have built a lot of engines (mostly car engines) and other than knowing how, by far the most important thing is ABSOLUTE cleanliness. Even one little tiny piece of dirt can destroy a perfectly good engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts