Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In anticipation of riding soon I was checking out my bike yesterday and discovered my left hand emblem is missing its V.I looked on bikebandit but cannnot see paying close too $30 for a replacement(cheap).Does anybody have a spare kicking around they might want to part with?The bikes an 03 if it matters.Thanks.

·
Registered
277 Posts
hey i have an emblem. one wing has a slight crease to it. i took the darn things off, my pants always caught it if i wasn't careful. IMHO the tank looks better w/o them. if you want i send it to you.

let me know, J

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it off the tank or the side cover?I need one from the side cover.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
My tank emblems were starting to come off, so I took them and the side cover ones off and replaced the mounting tape with some 3M brand emblem and moulding tape.
They seem to be on there really good now.
If ya do find a replacement, don't go cheap on the mounting tape.
There have been some on eBay, but, kind of like the swing arm covers, they are a somewhat sought after item. Guess more than a few folks have lost them.

Good luck :smiley_th

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Hyper.Yes I am interested free wheel.How much and how do you want to do this?You can PM me if you want.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I second the "it looks better with them off" idea. My left one was missing the V too and I carefully pulled it off and shined the side cover and it looks better without it. I'll eventually pull the other one off. The tank emblems I think look a bit cheezy. When I repaint, I think I'll go naked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts