41 - 60 of 869 Posts

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
Here is my sweet Maybelene.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks. The seat came off a vulcan 1600 meanstreak. It is very comfortable and give a sporty looks. What i did was reverese the side bracket and drill 3 extra holes. 2 are on the side frame and 1 on the back.

Where to get it? I saw couple of them on ebay.

So it seems as though it was an easy install? is it sturdy? Im a larger person, 6'3" and on the hefty side, hehe...

Im seriously considering buying one of these off of the old Ebay. LOL.

my butt falls asleep with the stock one. lol.

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
I'll be back after I park her and turn the hose on her a bit .....

and pry the camera out of the kids' hands......

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
So it seems as though it was an easy install? is it sturdy? Im a larger person, 6'3" and on the hefty side, hehe...

Im seriously considering buying one of these off of the old Ebay. LOL.

my butt falls asleep with the stock one. lol.
I am 5'5 and 145 lbs. For me, it is sturdy. It is also wider than the stock seat. Plus brackets are mounted on both side. It seems to give an extra support.

I would recommend you try it. 1. it is an easy mod. 2 Relatively cheap (saw one going for 40 buy it now plus shipping). 3 Seat is more comfy as it is wider than stock and it looks better too. 4 Unless you abuse it. Gonna take while to break it. 5 Either you succeed or fail, you learn something. GL

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am 5'5 and 145 lbs. For me, it is sturdy. It is also wider than the stock seat. Plus brackets are mounted on both side. It seems to give an extra support.

I would recommend you try it. 1. it is an easy mod. 2 Relatively cheap (saw one going for 40 buy it now plus shipping). 3 Seat is more comfy as it is wider than stock and it looks better too. 4 Unless you abuse it. Gonna take while to break it. 5 Either you succeed or fail, you learn something. GL
Thanks for the response, another question, did you just use self tapping screws? or pre drill and thread holes with regular screws?

·
'85 Bobber
98 Posts
Dude...your bike so so sweet. I love it.
Hey Biker, I sent you a pm. Don't know if it went through or not. I appreciate the comment about the bike. I was wondering about the strut mounts on yours. I have made my own, but don't think they are safe:doh:

·
Ratbiker
53 Posts
Here's my '86 VN750, just about finished ratting it out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here's my '86.

I was holding off on re-posting the picture because I had her in pieces for the past two months but after replacing the radiator, hoses, mechanical seal and impeller she is running strong and staying cool. I was doubtful along the way that I'd be able to resurrect the poor thing but I kept at it and with the help of The Professor I was able to manage. I just have to get emissions done tomorrow and I'll start racking on the miles.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Here's my '86 VN750, just about finished ratting it out.

I hope that doesn't make you a "rat bastard" LOL Looks cool, great job. :beerchug:

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
I hope that doesn't make you a "rat bastard" LOL Looks cool, great job. :beerchug:
Being that it's more of a Bob Job than a Rat Job, wouldn't that make him only a Half Rat Bastard?

·
Ratbiker
53 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
here she is after i put the HD seat on it

i just bought a sissy bar on ebay should be here in a few days

41 - 60 of 869 Posts