Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Noob.
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I destroyed my final drive, and my drive shaft a couple days ago and Im trying to find some good used parts so I can get back on the road, so far, Ive found a shaft for 25 bucks, and a final drive off of a '97 for 250 on ebay. What I want to know is....

A. Will the '97 final drive work with my '94?
B. Whats a good price for a used final drive?
C. Anyone on here got a drive shaft or a final drive they wanna let go for the right price?

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
The 97 final drive should be fine in your 94. I have seen them for sale about a hundred to hundred fifty bucks used. It should not be a big deal to replace. Hope you are riding again soon!
Bronson

·
Noob.
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
The 97 final drive should be fine in your 94. I have seen them for sale about a hundred to hundred fifty bucks used. It should not be a big deal to replace. Hope you are riding again soon!
Bronson
Thanks. I think Im going to order a drive shaft tomorrow for about 25 bones. Others Ive seen are going for about 80 somthing. It is actually surprisingly simple to take the rear end apart, so putting it back in shouldnt be too difficult....just gotta do it soon before I forget what bolts go where. haha. I should have taken pictures of all the powdered rust that came out of the swing arm where the shaft connects to the pinion. It was gnarley.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
PM sent.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Thanks. I think Im going to order a drive shaft tomorrow for about 25 bones. Others Ive seen are going for about 80 somthing. It is actually surprisingly simple to take the rear end apart, so putting it back in shouldnt be too difficult....just gotta do it soon before I forget what bolts go where. haha. I should have taken pictures of all the powdered rust that came out of the swing arm where the shaft connects to the pinion. It was gnarley.
Yes it is fairly simple to take it apart, I just wish they would have designed it so you could get the swingarm off without having to remove the goats belly. It's doing it every 10,000 miles when it becomes a pain. I think this time I may remove the front gearcase to get to the ouput shaft and U-joint, clean everything up real good, and lube the splines with Guard Dog 570 (73% moly paste) and try to get 20,000 out of it. I'll check the rear splines at 10,000, and see how they look. So far mine look new at 70,000 miles, but they have been lubed EIGHT times. Sometimes I think I would prefer a chain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts