Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there is a compelling reason to move the regulator if the Goat Belly has been removed?

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
My stator made it to 92,000 miles, with both the goats belly and regulator in their stock locations. I'm beginning to believe what killed it may have been a shorted battery.

·
Registered
609 Posts
With all the discussion about relocating the R/R, after a long ride I quickly removed the side cover so that I could touch the R/R. It was warm to the touch but far from hot. My bike is completely stock so the belly is in place. I think the temperature that day was in the 70's. Now that the weather is warming I'll do the same test. For now, I don't feel compelled to relocate the unit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tnx to all: Glad to confirm what logic was telling me.....happy to put back the Reg under the battery box: The connector has a toasted look...but still appears functional..a dab of dielectric and she should be good to go..Tnx again

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
I relocated mine because my bike was lowered and the swingarm was hitting it and broke the battery box

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
2,190 Posts
Moving them certainly would not hurt.

Is it necessary. I doubt it.

I am still waiting on a huge lightning strike and all encompassing voice.
'WMSONTA IS ALWAYS RIGHT'.

I will get back to you after that happens.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
Moving them certainly would not hurt.

Is it necessary. I doubt it.

I will get back to you after that happens.
Already happened to me.too bad it's not credible as it happened under an lsd induced vision quest.lol

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Stock Exhaust, Goat Belly.... I relocated mine for S & G's....un-mount via two bolts, moved to left side frame, mounted with Zip Ties...all worked fine, so mounted with U-Bolt/Clamp one week later..... To easy.
Just sayin'

:smiley_th

·
Banned
2,190 Posts
Already happened to me.too bad it's not credible as it happened under an lsd induced vision quest.lol

Well. i came close.

I had a lucid, first person dream. I was standing in the middle of a field. It was large enough, I could not see the parameters. The clouds got nearly instantly black and for lack of a better word, boil. It was getting darker. As the clouds appeared to be 'boiling' towards a center, I concentrated on this center.

A huge finger appeared at the center and was pointing at me. It started to come closer and got much larger. When this finger was about 2 feet from my nose, it had to be at least a quarter of a mile wide. The finger went into the clouds and beyond.

The vibrato in the voice shook the ground though the soles of my shoes. It said-

"WMSONTA, PULL MY FINGER!"

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
There has been some problems from a wet cell battery leaking onto the r/r and junction box, not a problem with other types of batteries.

My r/r is mounted under the left side cover using the two battery box bolts. Not sure this MOSFET would've fit in the stock location. The old r/r is now a heat sink for the battery.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I guess we'll never hear from you again then....it was....meh....see ya.....watch that spring in the door....

....and I cannot believe that this thread was allowed to beyond page one.....have you all gone braindead ????.....and Jerry....we all know that yer "different".... (lol)....you and yer bikes, or yer supposed bikes have been an exception to every law of probability there ever was....shouldnt you be on yer scooter making a 15k mile trip over the Great Divide ?....how many times so far ?....according to yer OTHER board that is .....

...thats it....Ive made up my mind......tired.....bailing.....

...anyone needs me, ya know where ya can find me...........but Im done.........this thread broke the camels back.......shame ya cant ban folks fer bein dolts and azzholes......but, I can say "see ya"....

·
200% senile
164 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
....no sense of humor eh ?....lol.....obvious ya aint been here long enough, lol....

·
Registered
493 Posts
I relocated mine to the left rear frame rail, no point in tempting fate.
They like cool air,as with the mountings I've seen on HD and triumph.
Made sense to me.
I might add, this is a replacement regulator, in the 67 000 kms it has done.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't have the goats belly on my sons, I left in the stock location, with a twist, I drilled out the nuts that were tacked to the bottom of the battery tray, and installed a bolt and nut to the stator where the end of the bolt came through the battery box where the old welded on nuts were and stick a nut on the ends, making it easier to remove the regulator in case of failure. remove battery unscrew nuts drop regulator out.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
The vibrato in the voice shook the ground though the soles of my shoes. It said-

"WMSONTA, PULL MY FINGER!"

I just re read that today....dude....too cool !....Lololol !!!.....:beerchug:

Was right after watching that movie "Twister".....they mention "the finger of god" as being an F5....

I missed that first time I read.....sorry, man....I been havin a rough time....as it is...3am here now....I go to bed at 9pm usually......this board is killin me....dont nobody call me until at least 10am tomorrow....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts