Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been almost a year since I fixed and sold my last VN750. An old friend from school is selling his 87 that's been sitting in his garage for about 7 years (always garage kept) and he'll take $300 for it. He rides a Boulevard now and doesn't have the know how to fix the Vulcan. Said when he parked it that it was running but had an oil leak and a knock. I'm probably going to buy it, under all the dust it seemed like the paint was in great shape (The Maroon color) and the Stickers were in great shape and not sun faded. Tank look pretty clean, no rust on the pipes or the gauges, you can even read the indicator lights. will need a new battery and turn signal stalks minimum, then I have to figure out where the oil leak is coming from. Appears to be up front by the oil pressure sensor and it ran all over both sides and underneath the engine. Hopefully it won't need an engine pull but if it does at least I've done that several times. :smile2:

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
oil leak ..... Appears to be up front by the oil pressure sensor
Weep hole for the front spark plug well o-ring? Oil sender itself?

·
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vulkan here,member for 5(?) years...??Sold my '93 finally ...SOLD,gone,kaput,finnis,adios!!
Well I think this is #7 for me. Shouldn't be a problem getting it running. Up here in the Northeast the snow is falling so it will probably be another week till I pick it up. Sorry you had issues with yours.
I Love my Victory though, highly recommend them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts