Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a handlebar clock on the bike. Wondering if you need to bring it inside for the winter? It just pops off the mount. Gets pretty cold here in Michigan. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,569 Posts
an lcd clock I assume... well, the cold can affect the display, but they usually revert to normal once they warm up some (above 40ish). the battery life *may* be affected, and it will probably not keep accurate time..

other than above, as long as it stays dry (inside the clock and out), it should be fine

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I like to use this train of thought.

"If you have to ask the question, you probably should just do it."

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's an analog. KM I thought about the bikes battery too but not a big fan of lead acid in the house. Just my opinion.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
It's an analog. KM I thought about the bikes battery too but not a big fan of lead acid in the house. Just my opinion.
Do people stop wearing wrist watches during the winter in your area? If not then I would think that it would be alright in the garage but if you are unsure about it and you can remove it easily (per earlier post concerning the mount system) go ahead and be cautious and bring it all the way inside.

·
Super Moderator
11,834 Posts

So you're saying you don't have a sealed AGM battery in your bike? Shame on you.. ;)

I heard it gets cold in Michigan. You planning on leaving it on a charger all winter in the garage?

Your wrist watch doesn't get that cold cause it's next to your body and likely covered by your jacket when you're outside. Go stick your watch in your freezer for a few days and see what happens ....

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Hey hey he added that after I replied. Lol I leave my bike in the garage with a tender. I can't wear a watch because no jewelry in the plant. I used to and every now and again on a dress up occasion I'll rock a pocket watch.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd leave it, your garage isn't that cold.
I have an led clock on my bike , It's been there 4 years never been off and the original battery is still in it.

I put a agm battery in the bike 2 years ago, it is going to see it's 3rd winter this year. I did check terminals this fall, all was O k I have never put the tender on for the winter. This last winter was the longest it has set, almost 5 months. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So you're saying you don't have a sealed AGM battery in your bike? Shame on you.. ;)

I heard it gets cold in Michigan. You planning on leaving it on a charger all winter in the garage?

Your wrist watch doesn't get that cold cause it's next to your body and likely covered by your jacket when you're outside. Go stick your watch in your freezer for a few days and see what happens ....
Opps. It is an AGM. Came with the bike. Yes, planning on leaving it on the charger. No snow yet. Going north for deer season. Hear there will be snow this week.

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I say leave the clock in the garage and bring the bike into the house for the winter. lol
Lol. I don't think even your understanding wife would ok that. Have heard of bikes in the living room. Mike, care to chime in...:motorcycl

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I would take the battery out of the clock and leave it outside. Better yet leave the battery in the clock and ride the bike

1 - 20 of 29 Posts