Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a guy today riding a crotch rocket while wearing a t shirt, shorts, and flip flops. I sure hope he doesn't take a spill.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
It would scare the crap out of you to know how any bikes flying through the Tail Of The Dragon had girls on the back dressed that way. And that's with a tube top or spaghetti straps. Crazy man!!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Some dude just flew past the house about 20 minutes ago dressed the same way wheelieing the whole way. :loser1:

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
I wear shorts sometimes, I would never were flops! I live in Florida I don't want to meet up with friends or whomever especially if its at the beach wearing jeans. I take the greater risk of serious injury or death just by getting on the bike alone. If Im too worried about getting hurt I might as well just drive a car.

edit, When I do wear are jean shorts that go just below my knees, no basketball style shorts or swim trunks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've seen so many goofballs wearing flip flops on crotch rockets this summer. How can you think that's a good idea...?!

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
Not to mention it has to hurt to upshift. Well, maybe the trigger pull on those rickets is smoother. I don't wear shorts on my Harley just cause it would burn the piss out of me.

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
Had a guy blow by me on the highway the other day on a full-out sport bike. Full face helmet, jogging shorts, and flip flops. I felt weird driving the truck in crocs ......

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At least his head should be safe....

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
I used to fly barefoot but it seems to make no difference if you crash with shoes on or not.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I always wear sneakers, unless its real cold...and I wear a tee or cutoff...and when in Penn or Conn, I take the lid off....
But even at StrangeDays in a grass cow pasture....long jeans and minimum sneakers....Days even kinda calls fer boots due to the tractor ruts....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Jeans for me. Only time I wore shorts one the bike was to ride it from the backyard to the driveway. Did the breezy rider once at Pigsty but never again.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Im bringin my jungle shorts and my jungle hat to Days this yr though...was HOT last year.....but I jus got chicken legs now....lil embarassing....
Dont throw me on the grille with wing sauce.....I still wont ride on asphault in shorts though...Ive had road rash and got the scars.....even on grass...no burnouts fer me.....lest Im wearin leggins....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,092 Posts
Don't worry bout me eatin ya Brother Wolf.as much as i joke around,this brother still likes innies and I'm pretty sure you ain't got an innie.

·
Registered
99 Posts
When I saw the title of this thread this is the first thing I thought of:

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
When I saw the title of this thread this is the first thing I thought of:

Oh my God,,,, is that pic real???? I occasionally wear sandals to the shop on the bike,,,, never again, too many cows and deer around here to risk having feet like that! Be out of work for months if I had feet like that.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jeez, I truly hope this is a picture someone photo shopped and that didn't really happen to the guy but it certainly looks real. Thinking back on riding a bicycle barefoot as a kid and what happened when my foot came off the pedal and hit the pavement I can see how this picture could be real.

·
Super Moderator
11,864 Posts
Flip flops....no.

But if you think about how much actual protection you get from cotton jeans, wearing shorts is not that much of a step down.
But it's not just about road rash. Bugs, road grit and rocks hitting an exposed leg (or foot) are much more painful and distracting. And just the heat coming off your engine can be more intense on a naked leg.

But once again....riders choice here. I might cringe seeing a squid with shorts and a sleeveless shirt, but it's their choice and they get to live with the results of their decisions.

The bloody foot pics should have been linked .. with a warning ....by the way instead of posted. Some of us might be eating while reading here....;)
Eeeeeewwwwww.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,092 Posts
We can dress up them chicken legs with a little krylon paint...no worries!
The kind that washes off,right?naa lets just get him good and drunk and dress him up.lol

1 - 20 of 47 Posts