Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya guys,

I should have checked right when I picked it up but I didn't.

Turns out the shop put 100/90/15 on the front and 160/80/15 on the back.

I had requested (following the advice in the verses) 110/19 on the front and 150/90/15 on the back.

With the current sizes, should the shop prove to be difficult about correcting their error, what problems, if any, could I run into keeping these tires?

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
11,869 Posts
If you have it in writing...I would make them change the tires out...at least the front one, as you wanted a wider one there ....

If they gave you a break on the price, you could keep them if you like, as they will work.

DO make sure the are both rated for tubeless rims....

KM

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have it in writing...I would make them change the tires out...at least the front one, as you wanted a wider one there ....

If they gave you a break on the price, you could keep them if you like, as they will work.

DO make sure the are both rated for tubeless rims....

KM
They're both 880's, so i am assuming they're rated for tubeless rims... not sure how to be certain of it though.

And yeah, I reiterated twice via email what sizes I wanted.

They also cut my windshield down and now it's cracking and webbing pretty badly. Gonna have to scrap it soon. I've been told that it's due to someone cutting either too quickly, or with a dull blade or both.

I emailed them today to ask for a correction on the tires & compensation for the windshield - if they prove to be difficult I'll just contact my bank and make a fraud complaint. I have pretty much everything in writing.

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
If they will cut you a break for their mistake that they made. You know a chunk of money back(I know the 880's are super expensive)......Then yeah.....I would keep them. Those tires will work fine....That rear is only one size shorter , and one size wider than the OEM one. To me it's not a big deal to go with the 110/90/19 up front, unless your running a 170/8015 or 180/70/15 on the rear or your Darksiding the rear tire........(certain 180/70/15's will fit on the rear of our bikes without modification)...as well as 165/80/15 car tires.........Going to the darkside.......it's not for everyone!:smiley_th

·
Git-R-Done!
282 Posts
Ok, call me ignorant (or not), but what exactly is "darksiding" BRET? I'm curious...

AZ Kev

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
Just go to Youtube and look up "Darkside.wmv". This guy goes completely insane on a red '08 Goldwing.....The Relatively cheap grade tire handles everything he throws at it......including Wheelies!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
And yeah, I reiterated twice via email what sizes I wanted.

I have pretty much everything in writing.
Then what are you waiting for? March down there and get your tires changed. I live for moments like this. :boxing:

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I was in a similar situation with a dealer in Ft Worth. I got tons of support from this forum and they emailed the dealer as well on my behalf and all vulcan riders. We back you and don't give up. If you accept the tires then at least make them credit you or let them know through filing a complaint with BBB or Attorney Generals office. First try the lowest level though and keep the documentation of the emails etc.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
I saw that too and figured it had to be a typo.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Granted that these new tires are 880's but,,, a size "15" on the front of a VN750? Wouldn't that amount to a 4 inch difference from our standard "19" inch in diameter? (100/90-19). Ride safe.
I felt sure that was a typo, even us old Rednecks can't put a 15" tire on a 19" rim, and we can't get a 19" tire to stay on a 15" rim either...lol...:beerchug:...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Then what are you waiting for? March down there and get your tires changed. I live for moments like this. :boxing:
Oh you know, work, family etc.

I'm not ever in a rush to get into a confrontation, too often I do things I regret.

I sent them a polite email basically saying look, you screwed up & articulated what I wanted. We'll see what happens next.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Granted that these new tires are 880's but,,, a size "15" on the front of a VN750? Wouldn't that amount to a 4 inch difference from our standard "19" inch in diameter? (100/90-19). Ride safe.
I better double check that. I could have sworn it said 15 but I will look again tonight.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,724 Posts

I'm not ever in a rush to get into a confrontation, too often I do things I regret.

I sent them a polite email basically saying look, you screwed up & articulated what I wanted. We'll see what happens next.
yeah, start off nice and easy. then if they start giving you trouble, that's when you bring out the big guns!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, double-checked this morning. I was incorrect - the tires on the bike are still incorrect but these are the actual sizes they put on:

Front: 100/90-19
Rear: 160/80-15

When I had requested:

Front: 110/19
Rear: 150/90/15

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts

That is your hard earned money. Get what you paid for not what someone wants you to take. DO NOT take no for an answer. They want you to buckle and when you don't and have tried everything let them know that your only alternative is to seek "Legal Counsel". You'd be surprised how fast things get resolved. :beerchug:

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,724 Posts
ok, double-checked this morning. I was incorrect - the tires on the bike are still incorrect but these are the actual sizes they put on:

Front: 100/90-19
Rear: 160/80-15

When I had requested:

Front: 110/19
Rear: 150/90/15
ok, I can understand the front tire mix up. being the 100/90-19 is the stock size for the VN750. but where the heck did the 160/80-15 come from?!:doh:

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
ok, I can understand the front tire mix up. being the 100/90-19 is the stock size for the VN750. but where the heck did the 160/80-15 come from?!:doh:
Stock on hand.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts