Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so heres my dilema.... i want to get out and start riding but i noticed tat on the front tire there is a crack on both sides that goes along the rim on the sidewall... all the way around the tire following the rim... now i was planning on replacing front and back with a set of metzlers but that isnt in the budget...

i guess what im asking is for now so i can get out and ride im thinking about buying a shinko for the front until mid summer when i can replace both... anything i should be worried about with shinko?? is there another more trusted cheaper brand?? i mean its going to only be a couple of months but id rather be riding than be worrying that the sidewall is going to blow out..

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Just use some black shoe polish and those cracks will dissapear! LOL Just buy the cheapest one you can find, ALL tires have to meet DOT requirements. Then later buy the Metz. :smiley_th

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wait a second slim.... are you telling me to use the shoe polish???? geeze what a good friend you are.... i guess your not concerned about saftey at all...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Shinko ?

You could look at it this way, if you have a $50 head, buy a $50 helmet. If the rest of you is that way, buy the cheap tire. You can buy 'good' brands for around $70 (fronts). Why not just put the front Metzler on now, and the rear when finances allow. Buying the Shinko now sounds like false savings, IMHO. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
I put 6,000 miles on a set of Shinko A005's on my Meansteak. Only reason I didn't is the Avon Storm's came out which are incredible.

The Shinko should not be considered a second rate brand. It is a quality Japanese tire.

Jon

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You could look at it this way, if you have a $50 head, buy a $50 helmet. If the rest of you is that way, buy the cheap tire. You can buy 'good' brands for around $70 (fronts). Why not just put the front Metzler on now, and the rear when finances allow. Buying the Shinko now sounds like false savings, IMHO. Just my 2 cents worth.
my problem is i dont have the 70$ to buy a new front tire.... and i wont for the next few months... i wasnt expecting on needing to buy a new set till after this season seeing as there is only like 3k on the set that i have on now... my other problem is whats so bad about them that you would say something like the $50 dollar helmet thing?? its like saying a 10 dollar hammer wouldnt drive the same nail that a 50 dollar brand name one would....

and slim i know thats what you were pointing out.. i was just kidding with ya bud

1 - 9 of 9 Posts