1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have a set of stock sized Shinko Tourmaster tires on my bike, and I like them a lot. They handle good, and they are nice and sticky, and don't tend to walk on uneven asphalt and concrete. I have put close to 800 miles on mine, and they are wearing nice and even, and work great on wet roads.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I've had the Shinkos on my bike for about 3500 miles now. They don't look like they are wearing much at all yet. And they ride pretty good. I got them (oversized front and rear) from motorcycle superstore for about $135 including shipping. If I recall, I had found a coupon code for them too.

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
I've been researching these tires and haven't seen any bad reviews on them, either here or through Google searching.

I read that Shinko bought out Yokohama and is using their designs and tech.

There's a two tire deal on Ebay that I'll probably go for, $139 for front and rear, free shipping.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I've been researching these tires and haven't seen any bad reviews on them, either here or through Google searching.

I read that Shinko bought out Yokohama and is using their designs and tech.

There's a two tire deal on Ebay that I'll probably go for, $139 for front and rear, free shipping.
Sounds like a great way to go !

WilliamTech :smiley_th

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish I'd have known before I placed my order... doh!

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I wish I'd have known before I placed my order... doh!
...most of us have also performed a "Doh !" or two of our own. :doh:

WilliamTech :smiley_th

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
Upsized Shinko

Did a search at Ebay on the upsize option. A pair of Shinkos in the upsize is $3 less than the stock size. $136

Edit: Ordered a pair of 230 Tour Master tires yesterday, got them in the upsize for $133.

Would have been nice to have ridden on the stock size so I could evaluate the handling for myself. But, I need to have an inspection before I can get legal and the rear Bridgestone Excedra is bald in the center, the Duro up front has decent tread but cracks all over the tread area.

Edit II: Tires were delivered from Pinwall Cycle this morning, that was really quick. Ordered Dec. 5th and in my hands Dec. 7th. Gave them a close look for defects and all is well so far. Although, I can't say I'm thrilled with the tread depth of the front tire, but I've noticed this on several new tires lately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts