Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there folks, I just ordered new jets for my ear shave and went to order the shims and well for 5 shims they wanted $7.95 so I figured "fine, what a rip off but fine". So I go to check out and they calculate shipping for me and the total comes to $21.41 I am not ****ting you....they wanted $13.46 for shipping something that they can throw into an envelope and place a .42cent stamp on and it would get here JUST FREAKING FINE due to those little buggers weigh nothing. Yes this truly pisses me off, so I came here to vent and to see if anyone has 4 extra shims that they might have laying around in their garage that they wouldn't mind throwing into an envelope and shipping to me for say $5.00 :doh:

Peace :beerchug:

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Hey there folks, I just ordered new jets for my ear shave and went to order the shims and well for 5 shims they wanted $7.95 so I figured "fine, what a rip off but fine". So I go to check out and they calculate shipping for me and the total comes to $21.41 I am not ****ting you....they wanted $13.46 for shipping something that they can throw into an envelope and place a .42cent stamp on and it would get here JUST FREAKING FINE due to those little buggers weigh nothing. Yes this truly pisses me off, so I came here to vent and to see if anyone has 4 extra shims that they might have laying around in their garage that they wouldn't mind throwing into an envelope and shipping to me for say $5.00 :doh:

Peace :beerchug:
Call: SCP Performance 541-271-5610 Great Guys! :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I used to make my own on side drafts. I have not messed woth these cards but a little patience and you can make almost anything work.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Can any plain old washer (of the correct thickness) be used? I have everything coming in soon, except shims
You can use brass, ss steel, or aluminum washers available a most hardware stores like ACE or TRU VALUE. They both carry small specialty washers, here are the specs: 2 shims = .043" or 1.1mm O.D.: .225" or 5.75mm I.D.: .115" or 2.92mm // I.D. and O.D can be a fraction larger but the I.D can NOT be smaller. Good Luck :beerchug:

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Alright, so when I see shims advertised as, say, 0.126", that refers to their thickness?
Correct! The norm. for shim thickness is .020":beerchug:

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Alright, so when I see shims advertised as, say, 0.126", that refers to their thickness?
That would be 1/4"!! Which would be a mighty thick shim.
Thanks for the specs on the shims, Lance :smiley_th

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
That would be 1/4"!! Which would be a mighty thick shim.
Thanks for the specs on the shims, Lance :smiley_th
Hyper, you need to check your mental math I think. 0.126" is just 0.001" over 1/8". :doh:See what happens when you get a long weekend, then they have to train you all over again!!! :confused:LOL

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Hey Slim,

What exactly is a Capsitator? Is it similar to a capacitor? Hmmm. LOL :beerchug:

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
I'm with'ya! :rockon:

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
wow I am glad I wasn't the only one that caught that miss print. I was thinking my mental capsitator had fried.
Hey Slim,

What exactly is a Capsitator? Is it similar to a capacitor? Hmmm. LOL :beerchug:
it is one of my made up words.....its like a capacitor...except it works more like a stator
This rerminds me of a comedy bit that Archie Campbell used to do from time to time on the old Hee Haw television show. At least I think that`s where I saw it. I know that I have an LP record somewhere with it too. In any event he would tell a fairytale but with the mirds all wixed up. Stories like "Rindercella and Her Two Sisty Uglers", or "The Pee Little Thrigs".:doh:

So keep it up slim, we need a few more nonsense words once in a while. :confused: Speaking only for myself, but I can usually tell when you or someone else is just "funnin`" :) with us and when it is a typo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts