Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had noticed since Ive owned this bike a wet spot around the shifter. About 7000 miles later still wet. Just enough to say its wet..Never built up to a drip.. I have looked throught the verses and all other mail and cannot find anything about a possible seal there. Is there a seal or what is there to seal that shaft. Thanks for your responsed. Amsoil Man

·
Registered
305 Posts
i'll take a look at my cases when I go out to the garage later.

Seems to me I remember a small o ring in there, but I may be wrong.

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
Unless I'm way off, there is an oil seal there. 92051-005. I replaced mine when I did my stator. Cannot replace it without pulling the engine, so wait until you do your stator and then do it.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
There is a small oil seal around the shifter shaft
Parts found with Part Number: 92051-005
Description OIL SEAL,TB13225.5
Price $3.57
Hard part is getting the old one out and replacing it without pulling the stator cover which requires an engine pull/tilt.
Clymers says you should be able to pry it out and then reset the new one in place using a socket to tap it in (pg 30)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Unless I'm way off, there is an oil seal there. 92051-005. I replaced mine when I did my stator. Cannot replace it without pulling

I was wrong. I looked up the shift linkage on BikeBandit. The oil seal was listed under Engine Covers. $3.83 and some work to replace as other have said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts