Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyo all,

My 2004 VN750 is at 25,XXX miles at the beginning of this season and I plan on easily putting on 5k this summer. That being said, I was wonder what advice one can pass onto a novice about regular 30k mile maintenance?

I am comfortable replacing the front fork oil myself, and the seals, however I am not sure about maintenance on the tranny and the valves/clutch.

I spoke with a mechanic and he said that the shop he knows of would run me about a grand for tuning up the engine with taking it in.

Thanks much,
-Kettlecorn

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
According to the Clymer manual, there isn't anything special needed at 30k. Fro 24k it says do all the 15k mile stuff plus lube the driveshaft (splines) replace the final drive oil, change the fork oil, and change the coolant. The only maintenance that I see for the clutch is making sure that it's adjusted right and not slipping or anything. And as long as it's shifting okay, you should be good to go.

Nothing to do with the valves at all.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The owners manual has suggestions on what should be done, but I wasn't sure if there was more that you lot would advise.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts