Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working on my 750 all winter. Every time I thought she was done, I'd think of something else to do.

Entire front end replaced. MAngell redid the forks. New grips, tank, side covers, seat is a new 900 with a touch of red trim, new bags with ghost quick release brackets, led turn signals all around, the bags were too large so used a 900 rear blinker set up, new gas lines, volt meter on dash, Memphis shade windshield with lowers, wolo horn. I think that's it.

http://s285.photobucket.com/user/birdhunter02/media/mark123060.jpg.html

Now for the kicker.

Bought a 1997 Honda shadow 1100 A.C.E.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/4424421320.html

WTF? :BLAM:

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
The 750 look GOOOD!!
as for the kicker, I have been from one end to the other of a 96 Shadow 1100 for one of my friends this winter. Its not the ACE , I think it says Shadow Sabre on the tank and has a skinnier front wheel and both are cast wheels. Is yours a 4 speed or 5? Anywho give me a shout out, if you have any concerns on the 1100.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Denny the shadow is a 5 speed. Really like the paint job. Looks even better with white walls but the tires are new, so will have to wait a bit. Thanks for the offer, is there anything like our stator problem on the shadow? Couldn't find anything on the web.
Looking forward to the Scoot this summer. :pepper:

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Thanks. Denny the shadow is a 5 speed. Really like the paint job. Looks even better with white walls but the tires are new, so will have to wait a bit. Thanks for the offer, is there anything like our stator problem on the shadow? Couldn't find anything on the web.
Looking forward to the Scoot this summer. :pepper:
No real biggies I have seen ,but if it hasn't been done yet you may want to pop out the air fuel plugs and adjust the screws out to about 3 turns .the carbs are like the 750 but not siamesed together and easier to work on ,a dose of seafoam is still good for them.

Check out the Honda Shadow forum, there is a lot of good info on there as well. I am pumped about the Scoot myself.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Oh yeah, post some pics of your 750 in the then and now thread ,some from last year and the way it looks now. Big difference :rockon:

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Looks nice...why am I the last to find out about your new scoot lol. I'm getting pumped up for the summer riding season!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Lookin Good

The 750 looks great. Did you use the parts that I sold you quite a while ago? I'll have to see if I can get away for the "Great Lakes Scoot" I would like to meet some of you guys.

Mcneuby

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So there are many people from this board to thank for this project. Mcnueby sold me, wait about gave me the front end. Kc did the blinkers, M_Angel rebuilt the forks and helped with the build, got the tank from a member here, Bob I think. Front headlight from Blaine?.
Thanks to all for the help. KC the man. Stands behind his product fellows, and it's a great product. Going to order a set for the Honda of they fit.
By the way, the 750 is for sale, took her for a spin yesterday. Very nice.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Nice job, looks really good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts