Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tryed out a custom made sheep skin cover on a stock seat?
Im thinking of getting one but would like to know if its worth the $180.00 bucks or so it costs. I like the pics of the one Mister_Bun got for his bike,but is it comfortable? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used a sheepskin (good quality one) in a motorhome. I used it on a scooter to see how it worked. It will keep you from sweating from sitting on the stock seat. It doesn't provide a lot of padding; but is defineltely better than nothing.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
For that price I would recomend getting a Air Hawk pad. Provides air flow and padding for a little less than the sheepskin pad.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts
Man, that does look plush, thx for the link (and pic) Dianna. I'm gonna order one for sure... :smiley_th

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
A custom made sheepskin seat pad will keep your stock seat from getting too hot in warmer weather, and also keep it warmer in colder weather.

But to really add any serious padding to the bike's seat situation, you really need to go with an AirHawk cushion (or equivalent)--or replace the seat with one from and aftermarket seat supplier (like Mustang), depending on what your budget (and taste) will allow.

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input

Still not sure for the price,but Dianna's link is a really good price on sheep skin,would need to dye it black but that should be no big deal.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Somewhere on the site someone posted a cheap way to get the seat. The bought a sheep skin car wash mit from wal mart and restiched it to get a pad for the rider. I think they said it cost about $7 for the mit.

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts
Still not sure for the price,but Dianna's link is a really good price on sheep skin,would need to dye it black but that should be no big deal.
I'd be a little concerned if I died the thing black the next time I got caught out riding in the rain...LOL..:cool:

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol,good point,stevebtx12.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
Ha Ha Ha that would be interesting to expain to the misses

1 - 11 of 11 Posts