Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i have a 1995 vulcan and has been running just fine up until this morning
She wouldn't start in standing position (kickstand (ing))....when i sat on her propped upright she kicked over just fine
Kicked (standed) again and she stalled out
Sat upright runs, lean over stall...and so on
Any ideas what the issue is?
Much appreciated

·
Registered
736 Posts
Check electrical connections in the head stock and maybe the key. Doesn't quite sound like a fuel issue, but it could be the fuel bowls flooding as well. I would assume the electrical route first, though, given it's a on/off problem

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
How about giving us a little into in the newbie section so we can help a little better?

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about giving us a little into in the newbie section so we can help a little better?
Sorry, i don't know what you're asking here
With some recommendations posted, should i be going to a mechanic for these?...perhaps if i need to ask, then the answer is yes?
lol

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
Sorry, i don't know what you're asking here
With some recommendations posted, should i be going to a mechanic for these?...perhaps if i need to ask, then the answer is yes?
lol
Sorry, should have said introduction instead of intro and my phone autocorrected it to into.lol. just a little introduction as to how long you've been riding, wrenching experience, location (local members may be willing to stop by) thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is my second season of riding, i purchased a 1995 Vulcan 800, the previous owner converted it into a solo seat (shes friggin beautiful!)
I live in Ontario Canada and thought i would try out one of these forum things
I am far from a mechanic, but not scared to try anything out....been working 'tools' for well over 25 years (just can't 'trouble shoot' anything auto)....i'm a home builder, not a mechanic lol

The bike starts and rides fine, had her out at lunch for a rip....she conks out when i lean to put on the stand or simply lean her to the kick side (if that makes sense)
This is the first of it happening, she had typically started while on the stand, but not this morning

Anything else?

Thanks

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
So you have an 800... sorry this forum is dedicated to the 700/750,which are two completely different bikes. You might not find a lot of answers for the 800 here.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
Do you have a 750 or an 800? Sorry but I am being serious.they are too completely different motorcycles and most on here are not familiar with the 800.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
Try Vulcanforums.com. nice group of guys and very helpful

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
ok thanks
i appreciate your help
safe rides!