Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all, and thanks for coming.

I picked up a 2001 VN750 Monday, and have been having trouble running down the various fluid capacities. I think we've got it all sorted out, but would like to know the proper amount of driveshaft oil. Thanks!

·
Registered
226 Posts
The final drive unit has a large plug on the side of it. If you unscrew it, the oil should be up to the opening. I'm not sure about the actual amount in oz or ml or anything like that.

·
Geek
872 Posts
I think you check that on the center stand also.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would add it helps to rotate the wheel (in reverse) slowly while adding the fluid. You can fit a little more in.

Better to slightly overfill and have it spew out a bit then underfill and overheat/wear it out.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Over filling isnt a good thing either. Too much oil and It will run hotter than the correct amount. Put the bike on the center stand, Drain the old oil out, install the drain plug. Now remove the big plug on the rear drive and fill until the oil is at the threads of the plug hole. Thats it, your done.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
You are takling about the final drive unit or the Driveshaft? The driveshaft is grease, and the final drive is gear lube. They discribed the filling above great, and yes overfilling is bad. dont turn the wheel when you drain or fill the final drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts