Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on a post that this might be my problem with not wanting to state after being run for awhile. It said to set the air gap on the stator. I looked though the manual and it has nothing on how to do this. I also, did a search an came up with nothing on how to do this.
I have a '86 with 26,000 miles. Put a new stator and r/r in last year.

·
Sparky!!!
8,696 Posts
The reason it is not in the Manual, is becasue the Pick Up coils are non adjustable.. however it is very easy to make them adjustable... took me all of 10 minutes to go from stock to gapped... Here is a wright up on it. shoot the link won't work.. I will fix it tomorrow after i get the document converted to pdf and uploaded to scribd again.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
X2 niterider, I thought he was confusing the pick-up coils with the stator when I read the thread title.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. I was not sure what I was asking for, pickup coils or stator, just putting down what I had read. Will try to do this on the weekend if not before. Maybe it will fix my problem.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm curious about how to gap the pickup coils myself. So, if you have the link I'd like to learn more about it.

Thanks to all for your knowledge and help.

John

·
Sparky!!!
8,696 Posts
I have the link. It just doesnt work any more. However I saved the text to word many years ago, now I need to convert it so i can up load it. Here lies my problem for doing it right now, I am on a 24 hour duty day and my only technology is my cell-fone

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
When I clicked on the link in your earlier post I got the write up. It seems to work OK!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Excellent Slim! I got your write up. I didn't even try the earlier link because I thought it wasn't working. Thanks so much for providing the information.

John

·
Sparky!!!
8,696 Posts
I can't take credit for the writeup... I just re posted it to a place where more people can access it. It was originally taken from the yahoo groups files.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I got a round to setting the gap this weekend, Mine were of 40 apart. Also, a hint, instead of knotting off the tap. I filed a knotch in the plate. Less of a chance of having the broken tap fall into the engine like I did on the 1st one. Hoping that it fell into some place that will not cause any harm.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Slim, did the original write-up have pics to go along with it?
I`m sure I remember a thread with pictures a while back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts