Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know why but this morning when I got to work I happened to look at the rear cylinder rigt side spark plug. It's the recessed one. I could hear a kinda snap, snap, snap, snap, sound as the bike was running. When I looked in at the plug I could see electricity junping from the plug to the engine body. Any body got an idea about this? I know it's not right but what's going on? Thanks!:doh:

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Either the wire isn't snugged onto the spark plug, or you've got a split in the wire somewhere. See if the cap is on tightly; if it is, then suspect the wire (and replace! although electrical tape will get ya home...).

·
Registered
722 Posts
The 90 degree boot on mine was cracked and causing the same issue and making the bike skip.I replaced all the boots with NGK ones and bought some bulk wire for like $20 for everything.Easy fix.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, a 91 vulcan could probably use some new wires! lol No matter how important, when it comes to my wife and spending money... It's an uphill battle! But I did get my windsheild. It came yesterday. National cycle flyscreen. It's pretty nice but the bolts for the head light mount arn't quite long enough for this bike. 2 new bolts $1.00, $130.00 sheild + shipping for $87.00 total good. My wife letting me buy it... PRICELESS!:pepper:

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bman! Where'd you get your wire & caps? I've been to a couple of local auto parts stores. What idiots! No help what so ever. I woulod preffer somewhere I could actually go. Then I could buy it with mad money and the wife would have nothing to complain about! Any help would be great.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I bought mine through NAPA.But a kawasaki dealer should have them too.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Your local motorcycle dealer will have the caps (I got mine at a honda dealer) - an auto parts store will NOT have the caps.

I got my wire at NAPA auto parts - not sure there was much of a difference for me with the wire, but there certainly was with the caps.

Might help to put your city (or the nearest big city) in the location field of your profile or even in the signature. Seems like you've had a couple "where do I get it" questions and that'd help search gurus say hey "...such and such should have it"

·
Registered
722 Posts
All auto parts stores might not have them,But Napa has a complete NGK listing for everything NGK makes Right down to the all out racing wires and caps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts