Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am not sure this is abnormal, but my throttle seems too sensitive . I can be going along , hit a bump and all of a sudden I am off to the races. It is too easy to excellerate without trying. When I say off to the races I am talking about a burst of speed that could be dangerous. Are there any adjustments to increase the resistance in throttle to eliminate this? Could it be the bar height that allows improper position of wrist etc.?

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Are you talking about a gear besides 1st? If so, you can adjust the slack in the throttle cables. That should give you a little leeway.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Does sound like the throttle cables need a slight adjustment.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I get the same thing. I find that if im holding the throttle with my wrist high and hit a bump the throttle will jerk open. Lowering your wrist on the throttle will eliminate the sudden increase in speed when hitting any kind of bump.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
1st gear is just going to do that. Every vehicle I've ever driven likes to be either accelerating or decelerating in 1st gear. No middle. Adjusting the throttle for 1st will just make it too loose for the rest of the gears. You can try, though. Why are you driving in first, anyhow?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts