Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed this system in my helmet, so far I'm impressed. Good clarity and for me, plenty of volume. The removable liners in my helmet made for a clean installation. The only visible components are the main controller and battery pack. I haven't road tested it yet, I'll report back when I do.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,675 Posts
cool. please keep us updated. I'm looking forward to your "road test" results. :smiley_th

now, did you get this to com., with other riders/passengers? or just so you could rock out to music while riding/be able to use your phone while on the bike?

the wife and I picked up a pair of Sena SMH-10, last year/season, we just love them! they are great!
also, I know Kanuck69 and his wife (6 of 9), just picked up a pair about a mouth ago. we can't wait to meet up with them, so we can "pare" all our Sena SMH-10's. WOO HOO! that should be a BLAST! >:)

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
The beauty of the 10r is it's sleek size. Not as obtrusive as the 10 but still does everything the 10 does and more. It may take a while to get used to it as the 10 is more user friendly. I use mine on a Nolan N44 as there is no place to attach a clamp. I do feel you lose some distance then the 10.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I use the uClear UBC200 and have been very happy with it for bike to bike coms. I don't use bluetooth when riding; last thing I care about is a phone call or music.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,675 Posts
I use the uClear UBC200 and have been very happy with it for bike to bike coms. I don't use bluetooth when riding; last thing I care about is a phone call or music.
that's cool. I've looked at those before we got our Sena's.

as for a "phone call", I have not used mine to make or receive any calls, but the wife has. let me tell you this, being able to do that came in real handy. it was great! the wife got a call, got the info needed, got on the com., with me and relaid the info. priceless!

as for "music", for me, on long rides, there is nothing better than rolling down the highway, rockin' out to some tunes. it just doesn't get any better than that. :rockon:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool. please keep us updated. I'm looking forward to your "road test" results. :smiley_th

now, did you get this to com., with other riders/passengers? or just so you could rock out to music while riding/be able to use your phone while on the bike?

the wife and I picked up a pair of Sena SMH-10, last year/season, we just love them! they are great!
also, I know Kanuck69 and his wife (6 of 9), just picked up a pair about a mouth ago. we can't wait to meet up with them, so we can "pare" all our Sena SMH-10's. WOO HOO! that should be a BLAST! >:)
Haven't tried the pairing yet but it's suppose to pair with up to four other systems and offer full duplex communication. I'm not certain I want to be able to listen to music, I kinda like just being alone with my thoughts and the sound of the bike, and most of my riding is alone so I don't have that much need for communication. I'm not interested in being able to make phone calls unless a family member is checking on me, they're not that thrilled with my having a bike so they like to make sure I'm ok. But I am anxious to try out all the features, and I have some trips planned where music and Mapquest instructions inside my helmet will be nice.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,675 Posts
Haven't tried the pairing yet but it's suppose to pair with up to four other systems and offer full duplex communication. I'm not certain I want to be able to listen to music, I kinda like just being alone with my thoughts and the sound of the bike, and most of my riding is alone so I don't have that much need for communication. I'm not interested in being able to make phone calls unless a family member is checking on me, they're not that thrilled with my having a bike so they like to make sure I'm ok. But I am anxious to try out all the features, and I have some trips planned where music and Mapquest instructions inside my helmet will be nice.
that's all cool.

when a family member decides to "check in on you" you will be surprised at how nice that feature is. it really is nice.
when it happens to the wife, like when her Dad will call her, she has to tell him she's on the bike. he has no idea, he can't tel! then, once he knows she's riding, he gets right to the point and doesn't make it a social call, then hangs up.

ah, yes, I forgot about that feature too. although, my GPS is an old school, non blue tooth model. therefore, I have to actually look at it. :doh: lol

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Next will be jet fighter visor technology

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Don't need it with this nice shiny new chip I let this nice scientist from an unnamed government agency put inside my head to "test" .has one drawback,though.I keep waking up naked in motel rooms covered in blood,but all I have to do to find an awesome wing joint is think" chicken wing".

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
The cool thing about the chip is I now know tae quon do and don't remember the lessons

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
sounds like you've got "The Intersect". :surprise:
Sweet that's good to know I've been misdiagnosed. I was told it was insanity;)

Reactions: WilliamTech

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
The phone option came in handy on my last trip. the group got separated at a light entering the expressway and we took the wrong exit. We were able to hook up by phone and meet back up.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
The phone option came in handy on my last trip. the group got separated at a light entering the expressway and we took the wrong exit. We were able to hook up by phone and meet back up.
I have Smh 5 and it pairs up with all other Sena units I've come across and it is a smaller unit too , I lose about half the distance with it compared to a 10, but with my phone set to voice dial I can call , like you did in a pinch I use the google maps fir driving directions and have bunch of medic losded onto my phone as well it was well worth it about 12 hrs into a 16 hrs stretch of I 75 coming back from Fla solo. Love mine as well.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Short road test yielded great results. The music sounded good, I called the wife just to try it (while stopped) and even took an incoming call. My one suggestion would be to connect the system on a table and do all the setup before installing in the helmet, that way you're not sitting in the house with your lid on like I did.

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
I actually just got around to mounting & initial charging of our units.
Can't wait to try them out..... now where did I put the manual? Ltms ( no kidding )
You can download the manual to your phone so you'll always have it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts