Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had rear turn signals in bad shape, and I'm considering going aftermarket, so I am experimenting with the old ones.

I removed the chrome seat rail that holds the "trunk" and my turn signals no longer mount correctly, so this doubles as a fix for that.

I just cut the middle section of rubber out. I'm going to run two screws through the back end of the mounting part, towards the light. I'll be using permatex 2 in the seam to seal everything well.

Thoughts everyone?

-----------------------------
I didn't make a good user name and I can't change it, so please call me Nate.

·
Proud owner of 2 VN750s!
59 Posts
Looks great! Did you have any issues screwing them together?

Jeff

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't assembled them, but I'm planning on drilling through the mounting half, and clamping the pieces together, so when I screw the two halves the bulb side won't be persuaded to push away.

My only concern is how far the rubber goes into the housing, and how well it'll hold.

Tomorrow we see.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I think I remember seeing on here where someone reinforced their turn signals with a piece of Bic pen. If you are worried about how much rubber you have to put them together, maybe you could try something like that inside.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
I think I remember seeing on here where someone reinforced their turn signals with a piece of Bic pen. If you are worried about how much rubber you have to put them together, maybe you could try something like that inside.
Yep I think it was slim.I've used that trick too

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There isn't enough hollow material to insert a bic tube. I think two screws plus permatex should be enough

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
there's enough material Nate, I shaved mine down even more than you did on yours... rubber cement works wonders... coat the outside of the bic pen stalk in rubber cement, then slide into the turnsignal stock, then slide the mounting base on the other side, let it cure over night, and the pen will bond with the rubber inside the turnsignal, and never come a part... I have tried several times to get mine a part to try a new mod (only because I want to try something different) with out any luck getting it to seperate with out cutting it apart

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Not to shabby man. I just got rid of mine completely. Wasn't a fan of the big lights. Got little LED ones now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts