Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Selling my VN750

3K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  fisher1630 
#1 ·
I am selling my 1993 VN750 with ~22,000 miles on it. I am looking to just get rid of it as I will not have the time for it. I just had it inspected, clean title, starts up no problem hot or cold. Has some extras that come with it, has a corbin seat with backrest, cover, set of cheap large saddlebags that I use for long trips, spare triple tree with fork tubes, fork seals new in package, new set of break pads that I haven't installed. I lubed the splines 2 years ago with moly 60 grease and splines were in good shape. bike is not cosmetically perfect, has some scratches, chrome has some pitting and rust. I am probably forgetting a few things but feel free to ask questions on here or pm me and I will send you my phone number. price is $850 which I feel is fair. Bike is located in albany, NY I will be around this weekend and next weekend.

#4 ·
I have no idea what shipping would cost. I will get photos up tomorrow. I have really enjoyed this bike over the past few years but I will be moving around every few months for a while and will not have the time for it. I will be posting pictures tomorrow.

#5 ·
Shipping Costs

I've bought a couple bikes that were two states away. I used UShip.com to ship them . Both times I have been satisfied with the service. You just post what you want shipped and shippers bid for the job. Of course it isn't free but it is what I thought was fair.

#10 ·
I've bought a couple bikes that were two states away. I used UShip.com to ship them . Both times I have been satisfied with the service. You just post what you want shipped and shippers bid for the job. Of course it isn't free but it is what I thought was fair.
Is that the service they use for that reality shipping TV show? I think I saw the UShip.com logo on one of the computer screens when they were showing the bidding process recently.

#6 ·
my 900 was shipped from TX to NJ. It cost me around 550. You have to help put it on a skid which is made for transporting bikes and you must help unload once it arrives meaning push off the skid. You can even sneak a couple things along with the bike as my seller did.

They give you a window for pickup and drop off.

#7 ·
If anyone wants to buy this bike....buy it, register it, and I will ride it to your location anywhere in the Continental US and Canada....pay travel costs (gas, lodging, food, return)...and I'll do it fer next to peanuts...gives me an excuse to get outta here for a spell, lol...
If I were healthier...I might start a bike transport biz, lol...travel North America for free...how cool is that ?

#8 · (Edited)
I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. I hate to mention it but I may make an offer.

#15 ·
Just some updates, the bike has 21,000 miles on it, not 22,000. Title is clear and I have it in hand. Just took it out for a nice 50 mile cruise, no issues, fan kicked in when it should. Also I think I forgot to mention the gas gauge does not work. If you have any questions feel free to post them here or pm me. If you would like to talk on the phone PM me your number with a good time to call and I will call you or I can pm my number. Also bike is a little dirty/covered in pollen right now.

#16 ·
...I'M all covered in pollen too !!!!....lol....(only thing I dislike about Spring)...

Wolfie, how would you get back? There is a VN700 for sale locally here you can pick up and ride back
Depending on where to/from, more than likely bus or rail...I only fly military transport...refuse to do commercial, lol...and the last thing I need now is yet another bike, lol...the fact that its a 700 IS tempting though....

#20 ·
Sounds like a roadtrip in the works....I'll co-pilot...just need to get all these bikes to "wherever"...a safe harbor....I got room for mebbe 1...but it'll hinder my FWD operation...
WilliamTech...ya told me ya wanted to start an "operation"....sounds like a shoe in...what...4 VNs for under 4k for all ?...someone can make some money offa this...rent me a U-Haul, and I'll do the drivin....

#22 ·
That tab is for a backrest as someone else mentioned. I find the seat rather comfortable have taken a few extended rides of 300 miles and have not had an issue with comfort. If you guys are serious about transporting it feel free to pm me and I will be more than happy to talk to you.

#25 ·
Why not take the train or bus over, then just ride it back...Id ride with ya part way, and lotsa boys in Ohio and further "in case"...Im only an hour and 3/4 from Albany...Id take ya as far as Ohio...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.