Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my bike up on CL last night.. within 10 hours had a call, guy is coming out to test drive it sometime this week... I am asking $3k

I don't wanna sell it, but $3k will pay off the truck or give me money to relocate to Wyoming in 30 days.

I won't budge on the price because I don't really want to sell her, but if the offer of $3k is made, she'll be sold :(... I guess I gotta give up the pleasures to make the long run better...

sucks to make this kind of decision.. but I guess that's what growing up is all about right?

maybe she won't sell and I will get to keep her... lol..

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear that! I wish you well as I'm sure many others here will too! I hope you get another ride in Wyoming! As we say in the Navy, Fair Winds and Following Seas shipmate!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Sorry to hear you need to sell the Vulcan. I wish you well in your move to Wyoming. Hopefully you will be able to get another scoot before too long.

·
Registered
707 Posts
hahah im in the same situation with my monte carlo right now.... i could really use the money that someone is supposedly going to offer me... i really dont want to sell her... i love that car and theres alot of history in it but i could really use the morey right now... if you do sell you can always get one in the future when the money is right.... good luck either way man..

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
I put my bike up on CL last night.. within 10 hours had a call, guy is coming out to test drive it sometime this week... I am asking $3k

I don't wanna sell it, but $3k will pay off the truck or give me money to relocate to Wyoming in 30 days.

I won't budge on the price because I don't really want to sell her, but if the offer of $3k is made, she'll be sold :(... I guess I gotta give up the pleasures to make the long run better...

sucks to make this kind of decision.. but I guess that's what growing up is all about right?

maybe she won't sell and I will get to keep her... lol..
Relist for $3500.00 with the low miles you have. Is this your decision or HERS, because it does not sound like yours. :doh:

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Do you have it listed in any of the larger cities in MI listed on CL as well? That may help.

And only 7300 miles? Day-um. :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought the last year for $2600, but I re-listed it for $3500
I don't want to sell the bike. It's not HER idea- the girlfriend actually wants me to keep it... I will be living 1.5 hours from Sturgis, S.D.. We'll see. I could use the money, and by paying off school loans and moving expenses without taking extra loans out, I will be able to buy a newer/bigger bike sooner.

I will miss having my vulcan, but it will make my financial situation better right now...

·
Registered
363 Posts
life decisions dont come easy. it is hard on a person to give up something they like.it is your choice to sell it or not. money seems to rule our life at times, makes us do things we dont want to do . be comforted that there are many in the same situation as you .
the hard thing is that you dont want to sell it ,if you dont you will regret it and wish you would have . if you do the same thing go's. I say keep it , you are moving to a new location, better job, better money . it may take a while to pay off the loans and such, but the time away from your bike is not easly replaced if you enjoy rideing. when i crashed my old bike it took me 10 years to get another one , something allways came up or i didnt have the money when i found one i wanted . at least your girlfriend wants you to keep it .
hate to see another michigander leave the state , would hate to see one leave regretting selling his bike. keep it , things will work out . and to think , you bought a truck so you could take it with you .
good luck , and yes , dont be a stranger

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
like dragon rider when i crahed in 04... every sunny day brought what i call the fever i agree with dragon rider dont trade away happiness for anything i wish u luck on your decisions and know the right things happen to good people...

For me my bike takes away my thinking my stess my anger. she is my therapist

These are just my OPINIIONS and thoughts the right things will happen.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I bought my 1500 from a guy who only got to put 400 miles on it and barely got it titled in his name before he lost his job, and his wife had quit her job a month earlier to care for her ailing father. Even he told me that he hated to part with the bike, but he knew his situation was temporary and it wasn't the only bike out there. There will be more.
Do what you have to do and don't look back with regrets! It's all material. Things have a way of working out if you trust in the Man upstairs!
Don't be a stranger here though!

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Do what you have to do and don't look back with regrets! It's all material. Things have a way of working out if you trust in the Man upstairs!
Don't be a stranger here though!
Thair ye go....
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks guys.. I will let you know how it goes.

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
If You sell the Bike does the 99vulcan750 handle go to the new owner also?
:p :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Daughter and family moved to Riverton WY last fall. They really love it, and I hope you do too. Great time of the year to get there, I think.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Seems we invest a lot of emotion into each other and hate to see one go. Best of luck and good life. Stay well and drop us a note now and then.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I cashed my Michigan Viet Nam bonus check in 1971 and changed my state of residence to Wyoming the next day. A decision I never regreted. Mi. was ok but Wyoming fit me much better. I hope that your move makes you happy and as for the bike--your decision based on your requirements and goals.
If you ever make it to Cheyenne give me a shout, if it is during Frontier Days I'll be at the rodeo grounds. Ask any ticket person and they should be able to find me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts