Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I put new tires on and raise the price, or leave it alone? Let the buyer get the tires they like?

I'm just in too bad of shape to ride much, can't justify keeping it. It will get to the point I have to clean the carbs before every ride. Think my street riding days are over for good.

·
Registered
69 Posts
if it helps sell the moto, i'd say do it - i usually put new tires on mine and just eat the cost, or put it on the total (instead of 2,000, 2200 etc) -

what year is yours? you listing it on marketplace, CL, or somewhere else?

·
Super Moderator
2,567 Posts
or give the potential buyer the option: buy with old for less, or wait a few days and get it with new for more.. some people may not want to go thru the hassle of getting new tires, some will think of it as a savings for not paying up front for the tires.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if it helps sell the moto, i'd say do it - i usually put new tires on mine and just eat the cost, or put it on the total (instead of 2,000, 2200 etc) -

what year is yours? you listing it on marketplace, CL, or somewhere else?
It's a 2003, with black/silver 2005 tank (new), chrome sidecovers from whichever year, and the stock metallic maroon fenders. :) Had to change her name from Christine Pandora Cheri, to just Calico.

Probably just list it on CL and the local trader paper, don't do FB. Of course here, but local buyers are scarce as members here.

Good suggestion.

or give the potential buyer the option: buy with old for less, or wait a few days and get it with new for more.. some people may not want to go thru the hassle of getting new tires, some will think of it as a savings for not paying up front for the tires.
Good suggestion as well. I can show them prices I get tires for and offer to mount them. With zipties!

I'm not a seller that wants back every dime invested, when I settle on a price, my ride time will have been deducted. Besides, I got great deals on almost everything I bought for it. Anyone wanting a turnkey bike with all the good mods already done, might want to check it out. Price should be under $2k for sure.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
abort

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Blow these up and zoom in, it's clean and has some add-ons that are getting hard to find. Just looking at the pics gives me second thoughts, but I finally know better than to keep her. Every time I looked at her, I wanted to ride. :( Damn, gettin' choked up..

IMG_20180525_183301 by smokey black, on Flickr

IMG_20180525_181925 by smokey black, on Flickr

·
2,502 Posts
Will the tires pass inspection.
If so then let then on.

Reactions: Spockster

·
2,502 Posts
And sell your luggage rack to Xirnibor for extra cash.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will the tires pass inspection.
If so then let then on.
It's close, depends on the inspector. Only had one sticker on it since I bought it, it's in the toolbox, no gummy crap on my forks. :)

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And sell your luggage rack to Xirnibor for extra cash.
Probably only if the buyer wants to bobbit.

I could strip the goodies and get the purchase price back, and still own the bike.

·
2003 Vulcan 750/Sidecar
90 Posts
I can't walk 100 feet without stopping to rest much less hold up my Vulcan.

Hang a sidecar on it and keep riding.

Reactions: ruger

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't walk 100 feet without stopping to rest much less hold up my Vulcan.

Hang a sidecar on it and keep riding.
Appreciate the suggestion, but I'd still have the same problem, and a third tire to keep aired up... and less garage space. :)

I put 6000 miles on it the first couple of years, barely got 150 miles last year.

Biggest problem is my downtime after a short ride.

·
2003 Vulcan 750/Sidecar
90 Posts
Down time, Boy oh Boy do I understand. I have to use a stool to work on the bike. Our garage is a "storage" area
so mine sits outside under an ATV cover that works. A pita to put on but the elastic holds once it's on it stays.

I hope you can find a way to keep riding. But if you don't, I hope you stay on the forum. I find your suggestions very
valuable.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would be interested in purchasing the extended sissy bar and luggage rack , hell let’s do the coolant cover too . So what’s the total come too and I’ll take paper not plastic , less trees to run into when out riding.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Appreciate the support guys. Problem is, once she's gone, I'll probably forget what I've learned.

Don't think I'll strip her down, unless she just won't sell. I have had wild ideas of putting this 750 into a UTV though. Imagine, a 5spd with CVT that turns 10k rpm. It's been done, but I want one.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
If you hadn't written it all down here, I wouldn't remember anything I've learned either. :)

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you hadn't written it all down here, I wouldn't remember anything I've learned either. :)
It's good to have archives. I have archives for things like socks, keys, tools, but I just don't know where to find it.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
My couch cushions are 10% new material, 90% sedimentary deposit.

But seriously, you're a giant of the community, Spockster. We're all better for you having sharing your experiences both in the saddle and elbow-deep in the greasy guts of the beast.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts