Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my 85 VN700 for sale here in Idaho.
I have replaced several parts on it, but it has a valve train noise.
I am selling it for best offer.
New Shinko tourmaster tires, stock size 110/90-19 150/50-15
Splines lubed with tire change, approx 50 miles ago.
New AGM MF battery 2 months old.
Recovered seat with a newer style seat cover with buttons.
Newer style chrome sisybar with pillion pad.
Replaced both handlebar switches.
New Toolbox.
New K&N pod filters directly on carbs. Stock ears still on for looks.
Enterprise windshield made by Slipstreamer.
Kury wide chrome levers.
Aftermarket crash bar.
New grip on left side of handlebar, haven't installed on right side yet.
I replaced all of the O-rings on the engine.
Flushed coolant system and installed Dex-Cool.
Recent oil change with Rotella 15W40
Carbs gone through and cleaned. No jet change yet.
Replaced mufflers with newer ones cause the stock ones were rotted out.
It runs great, starts right up hot or cold.
I don't have the time to mess with it, I had the engine out once, and it was enough for me.

Attachments

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I do not see a price, If I missed it sorry.

·
Banned
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm asking $1200.00 O.B.O. It has 31,XXX miles on it.

·
Banned
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sold my bike tonight. $1000.00 Now I'm off to buy another one, just haven't decided on what I want to get. There is an 02 VN750 for sale locally with a thrown rod. Going to call tomorrow to see what they want for it.
Am really looking at a 96 Suzuki Intruder 1400.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
^ I hope you get it man. Keep us posted and post pics of your new-to-you ride. I'm envious, bike hunting is one of my favorite things to do. Good luck and enjoy the hunt.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Sold my bike tonight. $1000.00 Now I'm off to buy another one, just haven't decided on what I want to get. There is an 02 VN750 for sale locally with a thrown rod. Going to call tomorrow to see what they want for it.
Am really looking at a 96 Suzuki Intruder 1400.
Here is a little info on Suzuki filters if you get the Intruder.

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Filters.html

Quote from above link.
I get a lot of emails from Suzuki owners asking me what the secret best filter is. They're all trash. All of them. The oil filter turns onto a fitting that has 20x1.0mm threads. You are forced by Suzuki's brain-damaged specification to buy and use trash oil filters. There's now an alternative, you can buy an adaptor for $15 that allows you to use PL14610 or Supertech ST7317 filters, the same thing used by Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki bikers.
Adaptor for $15:http://balestech.com/filter.htm

·
Banned
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I now have a problem. The new owner brought his bike back to me less than 24 hours after he bought it. It isn't running, and when I tried to start it, the battery is dead, I jumped it, and all the engine does is backfire. So I have it on a battery charger and am going to let it charge overnight.
He wants his money back, but there is no way I'm going to do that. He bought it as-is, and he signed a bill of sale stating that.
My luck, he fried the engine, and he now has a $1000.00 boat anchor.
Small claims court, here I come. :(

·
Premium Member
4,774 Posts
Good luck. Hope trying to help him out and see what's wrong with the bike doesn't hurt your position in case it does go to small claims court. That bill of sale alone, with the "as is" notation, is probably enough to sink his ship.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I worked on my sold vn last wk. The bike would back fire really loud. I had to diconnect the nuetral switch and ground the wire. The nuetral light will stay on but the bike will run. This was not warranty work I got paid for it. It took me a while to figure it out. The new owner had burned some wires on the system.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey, Since you sold the bike you mind sending the payment for the toolbox I shipped you? It's been almost a month.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts