Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody see any problem with me chucking the self cancel module away, and joining the suitable wires that feed it, so the indicators work, manually.

·
Banned
2,190 Posts
Jerry, a member here and somewhat of a legend, has wired around his safety switches.

I have went around my Reserve Lighting Devise. I am looking for one, but I do not know if I can bring myself to mess with the great headlights I now have.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
there shouldnt be a problem with it

i know the turn signals on my 86 sucked and always canceled themselves at the wrong time if they even worked at all but i got lucky when i got the 96 parts bike i just pulled the whole harness and installed it with the left side controls off of the 96 as well so i didn't have to modify the wiring to my 86 to delete the self canceling signals but if you get it done post up the process so we can pass the info on

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
No problem at all. I have had a few bikes with self canceling turn signals, and I disabled them all. They work fine on cars, but not on motorcycles. Mine always self canceled before I reached the turn, so I had to turn them back on, then they continued to flash after making the turn. I tried really hard, and got it timed just right a few times, but I realized just how ridiculous it was having to deal with such an infuriating and completely worthless system.

And yes, I have always disabled the sidestand and clutch safety switches on every bike I ever owned that had them. If I didn't feel I could ride safely without them, I wouldn't be riding, because I wouldn't be qualified. And they are also prone to failure, and can leave you stranded. I feel the same way about ABS and linked brakes. I'll control my own brakes thank you.

·
Registered
468 Posts
i didn't know the vulcans had self canceling turn signals. or his he talking about a different bike?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
i take it they didn't work very well. I'm bad about forgetting to turn mine off after i turn.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1986 model VN

I have been riding another bike with self cancelling indicators and the system sucks. I don't intend to deal with this kind of ###t on my daily ride. I like them plain and practical, the less bells and whistles the better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts