Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best way to go about doing a trade on here that is secure for both parties? That way both know they are getting what they are trading for?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I say trading I mean, trade. As in a dude has something I want and I have something he wants. And since they are of equal value no money will be exchanged just goods. Only thing I have to spend is shipping. So how do you know that other dude is sending and how does he know you are sending for sure?

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
iTrader ratings. Of course, there's always the "faith" aspect. I've sent people on this board items on the honor system - they either didn't have the $$ at the time but needed parts or were sending a money order. Thus far I have not been burned. This is why it's so important to leave feedback when you deal with someone here. There have been times where the iTrader notes were the deciding factor for me. THere are a bunch of people I still have not left feedback for and I feel bad about it. Every time I sit down to do it, the system only lets me do like 3 or 4 people in one day so it ends up being a while before I can get the time to do it.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
When I say trading I mean, trade. As in a dude has something I want and I have something he wants. And since they are of equal value no money will be exchanged just goods. Only thing I have to spend is shipping. So how do you know that other dude is sending and how does he know you are sending for sure?
Have the items shipped with a TRACKING number! :beerchug:

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
u can utilize tracking info from ups or uspsbut it comes down to the honor system just like money for products u send money in honor of them sending parts... Faith trust, theres always the trusty :beerchug: since hand shakes are hard to come by

a dishonest vulcan rider:doh: ?? there bike deserves to break down without a computer in sight.... :hitanykey

Like rules on the road do u just sit on any bike u like parked out in front of any store? Take there helmet sittin in there mirror?

How many door locks stopped theives from getting what they wanted?

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
The majority of the folks around here are straight up about that stuff, both parts of parts and cash for parts. Obviously you'd want to be careful if you're doing something with a "new to the forums" member, and as always, there are no more or better guarantee's than any other web transactions you might make.

Like I said, most folks around here are good about it, and you stand a better chance at being taken on Ebay than you do around here. ;)

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Trust! If someone wants to rip you off then they'll probably do it. My limited experience with fellow Vulcan riders on this forum has been great, I would not hesitate to conduct business with anyone on this forum. After all, it would only take one bad deal for the word to get out on this forum and I'm sure the person wouldn't get a second chance. That's pretty good insurance.

·
Addicted to Projects
545 Posts
Trust is the only way.
I have dealt with several members on this forum and have found them to be above the average about listing any issues with items and I have always tried to provide them any known issues reguardless of how minor they might be. (i.e. slight pitting of the chrome, connector on end of wire needing replaced, etc...)
If other members on this forum didn't trust me I wouldn't have the bike running right now. If they have been members on here for any length of time pretty safe to guess they have been burned but very seldom with others that have been here for a while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts