Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into buying a new seat for my 750.How does Corbin seats compare to the Mustang seats? I do know Corbin is quite a bit cheaper in price. Any feedback would be greatly appeciated. Thanks, happy and Safe riding.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Corbin's cheaper? Hmm I must be looking at the wrong places.

Any way the general concensus is that Corbins start out a lot firmer -- to the point of uncomfort for some -- but after a couple hundred miles they mold to your backside real well and provide a great seat. Mustangs start out softer and are well-liked by almost all (one member, Ratfink, didn't care for his). ALso consider Travelcade Saddleman (they have gel foam inserts)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information, I found the Corbin seat for around $250. on their website and Mustangs were around $420. Will also check on the inserts. thanks again.

·
Forum Faciliator
369 Posts
But if firmness/etc is not your primary concern, Corbin makes some beautiful seats, and you have the option of a backrest built into the seat, colors, material, etc.. I have seen some beautiful (IMHO) seats for the vn750 and they were all Corbins. So If I did not care much about how firm the seat was or was not, I would get a corbin..

Just my .02

RB

UncleGomer said:
Corbin's cheaper? Hmm I must be looking at the wrong places.

Any way the general concensus is that Corbins start out a lot firmer -- to the point of uncomfort for some -- but after a couple hundred miles they mold to your backside real well and provide a great seat. Mustangs start out softer and are well-liked by almost all (one member, Ratfink, didn't care for his). ALso consider Travelcade Saddleman (they have gel foam inserts)

·
Registered
161 Posts
So far I like my Corbin. My only problem is that the backrest doesn't have a quick release. You have to remove the seat to remove the backrest. For the price of the backrest I would have thought they would have a better system to remove the backrest.

·
Registered
32 Posts
>>So far I like my Corbin. My only problem is that the backrest doesn't have a quick release. You have to remove the seat to remove the backrest.<<

I don't have my backrest bolted in, and have never had a problem with it seeming loose, even when I went down last month.
It definitely takes the break in period, but I *love* my Corbin. I did my colors a bit different, I used antique brown and burgandy welting... a pic is in my profile.
Jill

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
SweetSausage said:
>>I did my colors a bit different, I used antique brown and burgandy welting... a pic is in my profile.
Jill
I have seen Jill's seat (the bike's) and like the way she did her colors. They compliment the colors of the bike and look quite striking...

If I had to replace my Mustang, I would give the Corbin a good hard long look...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts