Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
quick learner
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to change my seat but can not find any online. Does the VN800 seats differ alot from the VN750's? Wat seats can I get for the 750 and where can i get them.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I am looking to change my seat but can not find any online. Does the VN800 seats differ alot from the VN750's? Wat seats can I get for the 750 and where can i get them.
Don`t know about the vn800 seat, but several members have adapted vn900 and Meanstreak seats to fit the 750.
What specifically do you want to change about the OEM seat?

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts

·
quick learner
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don`t know about the vn800 seat, but several members have adapted vn900 and Meanstreak seats to fit the 750.
I want to get rid of the backrest and I have seen one on here from a meanstrek 1600 and thats exactly what I want and it looks good. Does the seat have to be from the same year as my bike when I attach it or can it vary?

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I want to get rid of the backrest and I have seen one on here from a meanstrek 1600 and thats exactly what I want and it looks good. Does the seat have to be from the same year as my bike when I attach it or can it vary?
You will need to make a modification to make the seat mount depending on the seat used several options are available.

Bottom line, if you remove the backrest, you will need to create/fabricate new mounting points

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
Try the 900 Seat the 1600 meanstreak is much wider than the stock seat, or reupholster the seat your self, see my photos. If you want the seat I have I can sell it.... there's an online guide to doing your own seat, and plenty of 'vendors' to buy from.

·
quick learner
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered a 1600 meanstreak seat and it will be here tomorrow and I will install it after work...wish me luck :D

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
They're a bit wide don't be surprised, I took a dremel and shaved off some of the rear crossover bar, then reversed all the brackets on the seat, and self tapped into the joining 'triangle' on the frame.

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
There are quite a few seats from 900's on ebay. Based on the info here I bought one for a reasonable price. Under 130 in mint condition. Can't wait to start the modification.:)

·
quick learner
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They're a bit wide don't be surprised, I took a dremel and shaved off some of the rear crossover bar, then reversed all the brackets on the seat, and self tapped into the joining 'triangle' on the frame.
That's exactly what I did and it worked out beautifully!! looks and feels amazing. Pics to come here soon!

·
Registered
76 Posts
i been working on a custom fiberglass seat pan i will keep ya updated and post some pics next week have to redo the mold it can out a little tight but no biggie its going to be sweet!!!!

·
1,100 Posts
You don't have any pics of that seat pan when you shaved it do you?

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
I haven't shaved the stock 'seat pan' I assume this name is reserved for the plastic that holds the foam and faux leather of the stock seat. I can upload some photos of the dremmeled cross over bar for where the 1600 attachment bracket acts to secure the back.of the seat tightly against the fender, otherwise it would float above it. The self tappers keep the seat from sliding off during accelleration, and I trust them explicitly, there's no room for them to sslide and the holes could be enlargened with a bore and easily bolted. The biggest concern isn't the safety its the less than ideal width of the seat.

I can post some photos of where I modified the frame, sure. Give me a few minutes, the droid upload process is glitchy and slow at best.

i been working on a custom fiberglass seat pan i will keep ya updated and post some pics next week have to redo the mold it can out a little tight but no biggie its going to be sweet!!!!
Have you thought about selling aditional final molds? I'd be interested in one, also who's aftermarket exhaust is that?

·
1,100 Posts
I haven't shaved the stock 'seat pan' I assume this name is reserved for the plastic that holds the foam and faux leather of the stock seat. I can upload some photos of the dremmeled cross over bar for where the 1600 attachment bracket acts to secure the back.of the seat tightly against the fender, otherwise it would float above it. The self tappers keep the seat from sliding off during accelleration, and I trust them explicitly, there's no room for them to sslide and the holes could be enlargened with a bore and easily bolted. The biggest concern isn't the safety its the less than ideal width of the seat.

I can post some photos of where I modified the frame, sure. Give me a few minutes, the droid upload process is glitchy and slow at best.

Have you thought about selling aditional final molds? I'd be interested in one, also who's aftermarket exhaust is that?
Oh ok, I misunderstood and thought you modified the seat width. Thanks for uploading those. Good job. The tan looks really nice and isn't very common.

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts

finally got my saddelmen took almost a month im takeing it from norther ohio to kentucky this weekend i shall see how it feels ha ha

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
^ You're gonna love it. Get pics of the trip and post 'um here when you get back. Stay safe...
hope my A$$ will love it more . i sure will post pics , most the time i go on rides i forget to snap pics :(

·
Registered
121 Posts
hope my A$$ will love it more . i sure will post pics , most the time i go on rides i forget to snap pics :(
Just a suggestion. You may want to take a few smaller rides to help break the seat in before your trip!

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
^ Shouldn't matter too much, there's not really a break in period. It's got "saddle gel" in it so pretty much what it feels like the first time is what it's going to feel like every other time. Hmm, if only that were true for everything...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Has anyone tried putting the Yamaha Venture pillow top seat on the 750 yet. I really think my butt could get used to it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts