Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
REDRIDER
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE HAD A 2006 VN750 SINCE JANUARY. I AM NOT PLEASE WITH THE CURRENT SEAT SO I HAVE BEEN SERFING THE WEB AND THIS SITE FOR DIFFERENT SEAT. FOUND ONE MADE BY CORBIN - A DUAL TOUR FOR 1986 - 2004 (VN75-GLB). SINCE THE BIKE HAS NOT CHANGE MUCH IN THE LAST DECADE, FIGURED IT WOULD FIT. I ORDERED THE SEAT WITH THE REMOVABLE BACKREST ($648.00). ORDER WAS CONFIRMED. TWO DAYS LATER, THEY SEND ME AN E-MAIL. THEY HAD NOT CONFIRMED THAT THE SEAT WOULD FIT, CANCELLED MY ORDER AND CREDITED MY ACCOUNT. NEXT DAY, COST OF SEAT INCREASED $300.00 DUE TO (CORBIN SAID :blah: ) INCREASE IN OIL PRICES, AND THEIR RELATIONSHIP TO FOAM, VINYL, AND FIBERGLASS. SOMETHING FISHY ABOUT THIS DEAL. I DON'T INTEND TO PAY $1000.00 FOR A SEAT (IF IT DOES FIT). I AM LOOKING FOR A SEAT THAT IS COMFORTABLE ON LONG RIDES AND LOOKS GOOD AS WELL. ANY THOUGHTS OUT THERE?

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
I really like my corbins but not $1000.00 worth. It does seem they canciled your roder just to get the extra $300. Nothing has changed from 2004 through 2006 other than the colors. Try to get them to honor your original order.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I think the situation warrants naming names iff'n ya get my drift. None of us, I hope, wants to support someone with those kinds of ethics.

·
Geek
872 Posts
I agree with repairmanski. Enter the vendor info in the vendor forum as BAD...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Corbin Dual Tour seat

Less than 2 weeks ago, I ordered a Corbin Dual Tour seat for VN750 through my local Kawasaki repair shop ( Rocky Mountain Kawasaki, Longmont, CO). I paid ~$400 for it, plus $150 for additional rider backrest. It arrived promptly, we wrestled it into place (seemed like a bit of a snug fit, so it had to be bullied, but it sits fine on the construction now), and I am definitely very pleased with both the price, speed of delivery, installation etc.

I certainly don't see why that seat would cost $1000, so don't let them bamboozle you - string 'em up :D It's a common enough seat, you can get it from many respectable online shops for far less than a grand.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I just got my Corbin form a local rider who did not like it. I really do like it for longer rides. I agree they wanted the extra $300 from you. The 01 I have was a tight fit but sence it broke in now it is fine.
I would tell them to honor there price they conformed.
P.S. there is removable backrest on Ebay new for under $100
MAde by different company but work the same.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Surprised by your Corbin experience

I agree with you about the stock seat. Beautiful in the shop and soft on the buyer. But get on the road with it, and it's a different story after 50 miles.

Corbin treated me really decent when I ordered mine a year ago. Very excellent seat for long distance. I'm really surprised at what you tell us about your unhappy experience dealing with them.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
love my saddleman

If you really want a Corbin try Ebay. I bought a saddleman with the gel pads and it is great. Coupled with the Protac backrest and it is a moving recliner!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would be a little careful about buying a corbin anyway. There seem to be a lot of them for sale (used) . Maybe something not so good.Check ebay!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts