Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1985 VN-700
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a Saddleman replacement cover for a 1996 through 2000 something. Will this fit my 1985? I havent seen too many changes to this bike since was introduced. I need a new cover and this is the only one I can find.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I can get a Saddleman replacement cover for a 1996 through 2000 something. Will this fit my 1985? I havent seen too many changes to this bike since was introduced. I need a new cover and this is the only one I can find.
I haven't had any experience with the 750 seat,but the saddlemen seatcover I bought for my atv was a perfect fit and good quality,I think all the factory seats are the same on the USA bikes.

·
Registered
900 Posts
there are many many seat mods on this site.. it will take you a while to get thru all of it.. but give it a shot... most take the cover off and use an electric knife to shave the seat back down a bit and then add a gell pad then recover... myself I got a VN900 seat and love it.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
there are many many seat mods on this site.. it will take you a while to get thru all of it.. but give it a shot... most take the cover off and use an electric knife to shave the seat back down a bit and then add a gell pad then recover... myself I got a VN900 seat and love it.
I should clarify that I have no experience covering a stock 750 seat,I did do major modification to mine and make my own cover.But Saddlemen makes good stuff,IMHO

·
Registered
900 Posts
your own cover?.... I have a need for a thik peice that goes around the front from the left side the right to cover the opening that my vn900 seat leaves...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
your own cover?.... I have a need for a thik peice that goes around the front from the left side the right to cover the opening that my vn900 seat leaves...
I bought mine at a fabric shop it was black vinyl backed with fabric,you could probably get some at an upholster shop and cut it fit and double it and glue it together with 3M spray adhesive and use a staple gun to fasten it underneath the edge of your seat with about a 3/16" inch long staple angled toward the inside of the seat to keep them from coming to the out side or 1/8' stales may work if they are long enough to hold in the plastic pan ,after all you would be going through three layers of upholstery.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought a Harley seat off of Craig s List, took the seat pan out of it, trimmed my seat pan to fit and removed some foam re-stapled it to the trimmed down seat pan and it turned out great.

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
I bought a Harley seat off of Craig s List, took the seat pan out of it, trimmed my seat pan to fit and removed some foam re-stapled it to the trimmed down seat pan and it turned out great.
Pics, man, pics! :worthless

1 - 9 of 9 Posts