Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i did the seat mod (vn900 seat), and am getting ready to upgrade. in this upgrade, my wife will be getting my vn750. the problem? shes too short and needs the stock seat back on. as we all know, to do the seat mod, i had to cut the grab rails. so here's what im looking for:

i need a set of grab rails, and a toolbox that goes on the sissy bar (somehow, i lost mine. i though i attached it to the sissy bar/seat). i have the seat and the sissy bar, but no tool box or complete grab rails. if anyone has this stuff laying around and they want to sell it, let me know.

also, i will most likely post a new thread sometime about my seat mod. to make someone's life easier (if i commit to the decision to sell it), i plan to sell my seat mod as a "kit", that way, whoever buys it will just have to unbolt their stock seat, and bolt on the new one, grab rails, turn signal relocators, sissy bar and all. keep a look out for it

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
i may have everything you need minus the toolbox soon i got a guy building me a custom seat and as soon as i get it in i can sell my goodies

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess that would work to get it together. id really like to get the toolbox. since it will be my wife's first bike, i been workin hard to get everything up to par on it. hell, the toolbox that was on it when i bought it was missing the lid. i had to bend a piece of scrap medal and hold it on with a bunjee cord lol.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got saddle bags and fork bags and such too, i just want the stock toolbox too. kinda afraid to look for a new one though lol

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
i got saddle bags and fork bags and such too, i just want the stock toolbox too. kinda afraid to look for a new one though lol
i always thought the bike looked better without the toolbox but thats just me

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i like the toolbox (the very few that i've seen that have them!)

·
Registered
68 Posts
seat swap

have you given it a thought to lower it? i lowered my wifes ( she is only 5 ft). i made a bracket that mounts to bottom of shock. slimvulcan has a much better bracket tho, just a thought

·
Super Moderator
11,934 Posts
so i did the seat mod (vn900 seat), and am getting ready to upgrade. in this upgrade, my wife will be getting my vn750. the problem? shes too short and needs the stock seat back on. as we all know, to do the seat mod, i had to cut the grab rails. so here's what im looking for:

i need a set of grab rails, and a toolbox that goes on the sissy bar (somehow, i lost mine. i though i attached it to the sissy bar/seat). i have the seat and the sissy bar, but no tool box or complete grab rails. if anyone has this stuff laying around and they want to sell it, let me know.

also, i will most likely post a new thread sometime about my seat mod. to make someone's life easier (if i commit to the decision to sell it), i plan to sell my seat mod as a "kit", that way, whoever buys it will just have to unbolt their stock seat, and bolt on the new one, grab rails, turn signal relocators, sissy bar and all. keep a look out for it

I don't see any seat question at all here, looks more like a request for parts.;) do you need the whole side rail or just the part the toolbox bolts to?

And using the term "upgrade" can be debatable....and a little insulting to all those that still own 750's.

If I trade my 1300 for a new 700 is that a "downgrade"??

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
touche! the only reason its an upgrade is because i need a bigger bike for my personal comfort. with 54000 miles, its sure done me well! and yes, you are correct, i'm lookin for a parts request.

i need both side rails and the tool box. the "U" shaped piece (one could call it the sissy bar) and the seat itself i have

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
....... my wife will be getting my vn750. the problem? shes too short and needs the stock seat back on......
Guess I'm confuzzeled. I have the 900 seat on my 750 and it sits lower than the 750 stock seat. But hope your misses enjoys riding the 750. :beerchug:

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Guess I'm confuzzeled. I have the 900 seat on my 750 and it sits lower than the 750 stock seat. But hope your misses enjoys riding the 750. :beerchug:
I have a stock 2003 Vulcan Nomad Seat which sits much lower than stock seat.
It also gains me lower back support, up to my belt line, while providing 16" butt/seat width. Very comfortable.

WilliamTech :smiley_th

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
she's short, so with the wider seat, its harder for her feet to hit the ground. we both agree that the stock seat is more comfortable too. a little softer in my opinion too

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
id love to... but i dont know how. i have some on my desktop, but it wont let me paste it here. i tried the insert picture button, but it wants a URL (since its on my computer, there is no URL, is there?)

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
are you looking for the grab rails in chrome or just aluminum?? i have both

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
looking for aluminum. how much you asking for them

·
Super Moderator
11,934 Posts
id love to... but i dont know how. i have some on my desktop, but it wont let me paste it here. i tried the insert picture button, but it wants a URL (since its on my computer, there is no URL, is there?)

http://m.photobucket.com

Upload your photos and then you can have direct links to them..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

1 - 20 of 26 Posts