Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any aftermarket saddles that replace the pan as well as the pad? All I can find are pad replacements (mustang, corbin, etc).

Mark

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
All the Corbin's I've seen are complete replacements, not just a cover.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I worded that wrong. What I'm looking for is something that removes the stock sissy bar; the Corbin model that fits our bike doesn't do that.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Ohhh, I see what ya mean.
The only ones I've seen that get rid of the sissy bar are custom ones.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for confirming that; I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss one somewhere while I was searching.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I don't know about this for sure, but I've been looking at seats on ebay (while I'm supposed to be working). I have pondered trying to retro-fit a seat without the stock sissy bar.

What I've come up with is that you'd have to have a machine shop make some custom bars to mount the turn signals to, and to keep from having holes in the side of the rear fender. Then it's just a matter of finding a seat that'll fit in the hole, so to speak. You'd probably have to drill a hole in the rear fender to attach the seat to also, since the sissy bar is where the bolts are that hold in the stock set up.

If you find an application that'll work, please post it here. I'm sure that there's be several who'd be interested (myself included)

Good luck.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
I've been thinking about the same... if anyone has pictures of how the seats on other bikes mount it might help some of us copy OEM ideas to use as our own...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts