Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my seat redone by Frank Turnier at"Greatdaytoride.com". He uses the stock cover and replaces the foam with new materials for comfort. I now sit more in a "bucket" type seat. The seat compresses the same but the materials feel denser so they still supply support. Turnaround time was less than 1 week and cost was 100.00 which included my shipping costs. Feels really good so far. I opted for the LD (Long distance) mod and only did the rider portion of the seat since my wife does not ride. Ride to work most every day. The goal was to be able to ride the 7 hours to the N. Georgia mountains without crying like a baby. I think I will be able to now. Anyone else get their seat modified by Frank?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Got my seat redone by Frank Turnier at"Greatdaytoride.com". He uses the stock cover and replaces the foam with new materials for comfort. I now sit more in a "bucket" type seat. The seat compresses the same but the materials feel denser so they still supply support. Turnaround time was less than 1 week and cost was 100.00 which included my shipping costs. Feels really good so far. I opted for the LD (Long distance) mod and only did the rider portion of the seat since my wife does not ride. Ride to work most every day. The goal was to be able to ride the 7 hours to the N. Georgia mountains without crying like a baby. I think I will be able to now. Anyone else get their seat modified by Frank?
A friend had his CBR seat redone there and loves it,he can do a three hundred mile day now,before he was ready to cry after 100.

I'm thinking of sending the front seat off my 1500 Classic to them as well.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Greatdaytoride.com --- Whats the name of the song that plays in his into to the webpage??

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Pictures or it didn't happen:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK OK Pictures!!!

Ok--Will send a pic or 2 --Seat looks exactly the same however---To avoid embarrassment need to clean the old girl up a bit--I ride her to work every day and we've been caught a few times in the rain-Lance (RIP) rebuild her in 2010 and he gave her some guts she didn't have before
At 54 YO a little tech challenged but will do my best --need a few days to figure out how

Looking forward to Biketoberfest at Daytona soon -A 2 hour ride and going to Helen Ga to ride in a few weeks for some twisties
Us old farts can still have some fun!:smiley_th

1 - 7 of 7 Posts