Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, have only had my Vulcan 750 about a month, converted acct' s to manual but now need to change stock seat. Just to short for two up riding. Have a chance to get a seat off a Harley fat boy. Looks like it should fit. Has anybody done this yet. Just want to make sure before I put out the bucks. All input welcome. By the way I love the bike. It sure loves the twisty roads Really handles great. Real good pulling power too.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Hi guys, have only had my Vulcan 750 about a month, converted acct' s to manual but now need to change stock seat. Just to short for two up riding. Have a chance to get a seat off a Harley fat boy. Looks like it should fit. Has anybody done this yet. Just want to make sure before I put out the bucks. All input welcome. By the way I love the bike. It sure loves the twisty roads Really handles great. Real good pulling power too.
Usually we like to see a first time poster do a proper introduction under the Newbie Check-In heading. With that we would like to learn a bit about your riding/wrenching experience and your location. This small amount of information enables us to supply you with plenty of information while answering all your questions on your level of knowledge without simplifying it too much if you already have experience or making it too far beyond the first time DIY mechanic. Your location gives us a chance to inform you of any rides that may be planned by others within your area or even the possibility of a member giving you a hand on any problems we might not be able to instruct you through via the forum. Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself before your next post. It would be highly appreciated.

As for your actual question, any seat or most other item can be made to fit the VN 750 and you can read about the many different seats that have been adapted by fellow members by doing a search of the topic after clicking on "Tools" towards the right top of the home page. This is a prime example of how knowing your wrenching experience would help us to give you a better and more definitive answer. If you have access and knowledge of certain shop tools this could be an easy modification. If you don't know a hammer from a screwdriver you may need some printed diagrams or assistance from another person. Although the production years were long, the VN 750 found little aftermarket parts available for direct bolt on modifications.

Good luck and we are looking forward to seeing your introduction soon.

Reactions: Paulywog

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,079 Posts
do you have a pic of the seat?

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts