Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 6 ft tall and my legs get a little cramped going on road trips. I'm wanting to get rid of the stock seat and get a more comfortable seat as well as try and move it back just a few inches. Not sure how to do this customization. If i move the seat back, is it possible to put a larger tank on??

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
You're looking at some time invested there. You can still find the odd aftermarket seat for our bikes. Corbin, Mustang & Saddleman. Some have gone the route of complete customizing seat's, tanks ect. Only the prementioned seats are a direct bolt on. Get creative, you'd be surprized what you can come up with.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got done modifing a stock seat and recovering it. Actually if you take the old seat there is a lot of padding in the lower back area that you can remove without compromising the comfort. I actual took out about an inch of foam from my seat. After recovering and removing the butt hammers the new seat modification is more comfortable with less padding. You can find good deals on seats on ebay sometimes if you can find one that needs recovering, that way you still have a back up seat if things go south.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts