Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, my dad (67 yrs young) has a '01 yamaha vstar 650, we ride together all the time, well he has complained on occasion about the uncomfortable seat(stock yamaha)so his birthday is 10 days away and me and my sisters are going in together to get him a seat, but which brand? I have a mustang on my vulcan and love it, Know nothing of Corbin's or saddlemans, hope to get some help from all on here, please send your suggestions , and why you recommend brand X, thanks in advance, and I know my dad would thank you all.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
The Corbin is a stiff seat but comfortabel, I use a Air Hawk for longer rides and can do 500 miles in a day without a problem.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I like my Saddleman with gel.

·
Super Moderator
11,927 Posts
I seriously doubt you will be able to get one in 10 days, but I highly reccomend the Russell Day Long Seat. These are custom fitted to the rider, using photos and information you give them.
http://www.day-long.com/

As you did not give his size or weight, asking us for opinions is a bit useless, partly because many of us do not hve the yamaha. Everyones butt is a bit diffrent and seats are very subjective. Most "heavier" folks like the Mustangs, and smaller riders seem to like the Corbins, but again, this is a vague generalization.
I do know that eveyone I spoke to or read about that got the Russell was 100% happy with it.

KM

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seat help

thanks to all, we are getting dad a custom made russel seat, I'm sure he will love it, thanks again-mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts