Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
mayor of Narnia
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ? about seafoam how much per gal. in the tank and how much in the oil . how long do i leave it in the crankcase? thanks for the help minikrew :grin2:

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
There's no real reason to run Seafoam in the crankcase, imo. I don't know of any oil passages that become clogged, etc, so I can't see why you'd want to.

As far as in fuel, follow the directions on the back of the can.

·
mayor of Narnia
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the oil level window is very dark ( cant see the oil level ) i read on here to clean it with a littil seafoam

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
the oil level window is very dark ( cant see the oil level ) i read on here to clean it with a littil seafoam
Seafoam thins oil and reduces lubrication. You can try but I wouldn't run it more than a few minutes at most (as most suggest anyways).

Often times when the window is dark people have it overfilled (so cant see a bubble). If the window is that dark with the oil drained, then it would worry me what the rest of the engine looks like inside.

·
mayor of Narnia
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thankx that is why i am asking the bike runs gr8 and i want too keep it that way

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
If you do put it in your case, change the oil after running it 50 mules or so. You don't want any residual left in there.
All the direction are I belive on their site. I've looked it up somewhere.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,734 Posts
If you do put it in your case, change the oil after running it 50 mules or so. You don't want any residual left in there.
All the direction are I belive on their site. I've looked it up somewhere.
ha ha he said "mules". :laugh:

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Should be about 1oz. per gal in gas, oil has another measurement per qt. The print on the can is so small, I wrote the doses on the side with a marker.

There are a few places seafoam can help in the oil. Valve stems, starter clutch, and clutch basket.

I ran it in the oil 300 miles before an oil change, cleared up a sticky valve and almost eliminated coffee grinder syndrome. I'll probably run it again just before the next oil change.

You really don't add enough to dilute the oil.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Should be about 1oz. per gal in gas, oil has another measurement per qt. The print on the can is so small, I wrote the doses on the side with a marker.

There are a few places seafoam can help in the oil. Valve stems, starter clutch, and clutch basket.

I ran it in the oil 300 miles before an oil change, cleared up a sticky valve and almost eliminated coffee grinder syndrome. I'll probably run it again just before the next oil change.

You really don't add enough to dilute the oil.
Bingo.

·
mayor of Narnia
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all the bike was over full changed oil rotella 15w40 seafoam in gas tank . going to lube splines and change 90w in dif. tomrow. what is the littil allen plug on the top of the dif for? minikrew

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Thanks all the bike was over full changed oil rotella 15w40 seafoam in gas tank . going to lube splines and change 90w in dif. tomrow. what is the littil allen plug on the top of the dif for? minikrew
it serves no real purpose for maintenance, so leave it alone...lol.
The drain plug is on the bottom, and you fill from the large plug. Don't overfill or you will have some overflow from the bottom notch of the Diff. and it will oil your tires....not a good thing.

·
mayor of Narnia
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks dont know what the plug is for but i know dont put oil in it lol:wink2:

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Thanks dont know what the plug is for but i know dont put oil in it lol:wink2:
It's the magic portal to the land of Narnia. I'd be careful of it if I were you

Reactions: minikrew

·
mayor of Narnia
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just googled Narnia now i want to go there thankx doc (hope i get good mpg )

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Just make sure you come back out through the final drive cause if ya use the other exit you'll have to come out of the closet;)

·
mayor of Narnia
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NOW ya tell me:nerd:

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
I did tell ya to be careful ;)

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
I dump about a half a can in a full 3.5 gallon tank and love it. I'd drink it if it came in diet.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Try our new SeaFoam lite.kinda sounds like going down on a nasty mermaid

1 - 20 of 20 Posts