Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some seafoam from a local auto store and they only had the spray that is used for 2 and 4 stroke engines and i read the instructions but i dont get it. Anyone use the spray and can show or tell me what i need to do?:loser1:

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
The Seafoam spray seems to be a fairly new product.
We have all been using Seafoam in a bottle that pours into the tank.

Here is a link to Seafoam`s homepage where you can learn how to use all their products.
http://www.seafoamsales.com/

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts

·
2,526 Posts
I'd say if you're having carb problems, then pull the drain screws out of the floats and spray some in there. Other than that, I'm not sure where else unless you pull the ears off and shoot some into the air intake.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I bought some seafoam from a local auto store and they only had the spray that is used for 2 and 4 stroke engines and i read the instructions but i dont get it. Anyone use the spray and can show or tell me what i need to do?:loser1:
I used to use the deep creep on my old KZs as an annual valve treatment. Take the vacuum line/cap off the vacuum port of each carb/manifold and spray 2-3 second bursts through the port. Bikes bogs & smokes like crazy while it's burning up the Seafoam cleaning off your valve heads, but after half a dozen squirts per cylinder, the smokiness mellows out and I call it good.

Doesn't do a dang bit of good if you're trying to clean your carbs though. If you can get to any of the jets to spray them out (and you can pretty easily) - use carb cleaner instead...that's what it's for.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Could have used the spray on my old Ranger. Throttle body intake was sideways instead of straight down. So when I wanted to shoot some through there, I went to the dollar store and bought a cheap plastic spray bottle. Poured the seafoam in that, and had spray seafoam.

If you do that, be sure to mark the bottle you use as poison. Got little ones in the house that will play with the water spray bottle I keep by the grill.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well thats what i tried to do was take the intake off and spray down that but its impossible to spray it 1/4" from the throttle body cause the both meet in the middle and go down a chamber somewheres.... i have an apt to get a service done tuesday ill have to wait cause the bikes not starting now.. I shoulda sold it before this B.S started going wrong.....

I'd say if you're having carb problems, then pull the drain screws out of the floats and spray some in there. Other than that, I'm not sure where else unless you pull the ears off and shoot some into the air intake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts