Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading all the positive posts about the snake oil called SeaFoam, I found some while out of town at a WalMart Super Store. BTW, it was the most expensive at $7.99 of all the magic elixirs. It's sunny today and I think I'll give it a try :)

Other potions I like are:

Marvel Mystery Oil in the gas (1oz or less) feels like RPM's rise faster and compression might be better with a tad of lube in the fuel. Kinda what lead did in the old days?

Synthetic 2 stroke mix - (similar results to above) Haven't tried this in a VN, but I know racers use a small amount of best quality smokeless in a tank of gas to extend engine life and gain some RPM's in a high rev 4 stroke.

Gold Label for 4 stroke engines. This is a favorite for bikes at the local race track. Try some, you'll like it but only use a 1/4 bottle for a full tank of gas - it's potent stuff! Only found at race shops and bike shops in a little yellow plastic bottle. I like to use it on road runs - it adds a sweet smell to the exhaust.

I know some of you will debate or debunk this post but hey, life is short, have fun riding, and stay safe.

Dirtrack

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Advance Auto, Bumper to Bumper, and O'Reilly's also carry Seafoam.
Advance Auto usually runs about $5.99

·
Super Moderator
11,859 Posts
Seafoam is simply a fuel system cleaner. Keeps your carbs clean and lines clear, it does not increase horsepower, or make a good running engine run any better.

The list of stuff you added are what we do call "snake oils" and although some may have some use on a race track or on specific bikes, they are all needless wastes of money for use in the VN750. The bike runs fine on regular gas, so anything added to "improve" this is going to be unmeasurable.

And on the same note, don't add any crap to your oil either...

KM

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The power of the placebo can be mighty indeed ;-)

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
SeaFoam has many uses, as you will no doubt learn while perusing this website. Use # 241: rub it into sore joints to ease the pain of arthritis! ;)
Hmmm, I wonder if you can use it on a pain in the butt boss to get rid of him? LOL

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He (or she) sure would be spiffy clean!

·
Registered
387 Posts
SeaFoam has many uses, as you will no doubt learn while perusing this website. Use # 241: rub it into sore joints to ease the pain of arthritis! ;)
Cures rheumatiod arthritis, bursitis, halitosis, lumbago, sinusitis and headaches. Also enlivens the liver and invigorates the kidneys!!

I started using seafoam after my bike started running a little rough. It did seem to clear things up and the bike did run smoother. I currently use about 4oz every month.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts