Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, anyone here ever buy seafoam by the gallon? I was looking around for seafoam and found out that Advance Auto Parts sells it by the gallon. how long does seafoam last once you open the can? could one use it up before it went bad? for me I could use it up really fast (three bikes, four cars, chainsaw, lawn mower and snow thrower)

it would come out to be about $7.49 a pint vs. $9.55. so what does everyone think? deal or no deal?

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would not drink that much in one sitting...lol....walmart has it for 6 bucks a pint
really?! around here the lowest I can find it is $7.99 a pint and that is not at Walmart.

what Walmart are you finding it @ 6 bucks a pint?

·
Registered
881 Posts
really?! around here the lowest I can find it is $7.99 a pint and that is not at Walmart.

what Walmart are you finding it @ 6 bucks a pint?
NEPA.....i allways add it to the girls shopping list...she says what the heck is seafoam...i say dont worrie baby just get it! i'll tell you though the stuff is great. my bike starts better, warms up faster and overall runs better with the stuff. when i did without i found this out.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I think Fergy "the seafoam junkie" should be responding to this thread soon...

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
All it says on the Seafoam website is that it will stabilize fuel for 2 years, but nothing on how long it can be stored??

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NEPA.....i allways add it to the girls shopping list...she says what the heck is seafoam...i say dont worrie baby just get it! i'll tell you though the stuff is great. my bike starts better, warms up faster and overall runs better with the stuff. when i did without i found this out.
call me a dolt but....what the "beep" is NEPA? do you mean northeast PA.? well the last time I was in ERIE PA. I went to Walmart and they didn't have any seafoam. I will be going back to ERIE PA. in a few weeks and I check again at Walmart.

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Not every Walmart sells it. I can get it in Wal Mart in PA but not in Maryland, must be a state law thing. When I can find it Wal Mart has always been cheapest.

Wal Mart's in Virginia carry a line of motorcycle cleaning gear but not the ones in Maryland.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a gallon if I could find it, it won't sit on the shelf long enough to go bad. We put 4,000 miles on our bikes in the last 10 months.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
I haven't seen it in the local WalMarts. I buy it by the gallon at Advance, 'cause they are the cheapest.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
My local walmart just started carrying it, by the pint, for 8.99. Its about the same price at auto zone. I'm sure wally could do better than that.
A gallon jug? I would have to buy that even if it didn't save me money! The empty jug could be made into a nifty trash can or something...;)
Maybe Stabil makes a seafoam stabilizer for the gallon jugs? :smiley_th

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not every Walmart sells it. I can get it in Wal Mart in PA but not in Maryland, must be a state law thing. When I can find it Wal Mart has always been cheapest.

Wal Mart's in Virginia carry a line of motorcycle cleaning gear but not the ones in Maryland.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a gallon if I could find it, it won't sit on the shelf long enough to go bad. We put 4,000 miles on our bikes in the last 10 months.
walmart right here in glen burnie has it for $8.XX a pint. I get it from there every time. better yet both wal mart's in glen burnie and the new one on washington blvd sells it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
O"Reilly Auto Parts down here here in Houston sells Seafoam in the gallon metal can for 54.99.

That works out to be 6.88 a pint. Cheapest I have seen it around these parts. Those Seafoam folks do seem pretty proud of their product and price it up accordingly. Surely there is an alternative? Where's the competition on this product?

But still I ponder the question: Whatcha gonna do with a gallon of the stuff?

Let's see, I recon that a gallon could last me about 40 fill-ups. That's over 5 years worth of riding for me.

Again, as before, I decided on buying a pint for 8.99 as my last pint was around for over half a year.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
But still I ponder the question: Whatcha gonna do with a gallon of the stuff?

Let's see, I recon that a gallon could last me about 40 fill-ups. That's over 5 years worth of riding for me.

Again, as before, I decided on buying a pint for 8.99 as my last pint was around for over half a year.
for me I could use it up really fast (three bikes, four cars, chainsaw, lawn mower and snow thrower)
a pint in my garage doesn't last long at all. most of the time I have to pick and choose what gets and what doesn't get seafoam, one pint is just not enough to go around!

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
I'm on my second gallon. Diesel tractor, truck, wife's car, chainsaw, string trimmer, blower, generator, two bikes. Doesn't last all that long. Locally, Advance Auto is a couple of $ cheaper than ORileys.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I would definitely snag a gallon of it for that price. Like others have already said, I use it in every engine I have, including both cages. It wouldn't last me long enough to go bad. Cheap insurance, if you ask me. An ounce of preventive maintenance is so much cheaper than a gallon of carb problems.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts