·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
What does Sea Foam do exactly? Would it help a new bike? or is it
for older bikes mainly?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Helps to remove gum and fuel deposits and keep everything running clean. probably doesn't hurt a new bike, and might even help to clean up the carbs.

·
Now what
400 Posts
norsseman said:
What does Sea Foam do exactly? Would it help a new bike? or is it
for older bikes mainly?
It's better to use it regularly to prevent the build up of crud in the first place. It's amazing stuff. I had a graduated cylinder that had some nasty oily junk down in the bottom of it that had been there for years. I couldn't reach it to clean it out. I put a little Seafoam in the cyinder, and a day or two later it was as clean as a whistle. The junk just dissoved in the Seafoam. But it's safe to use on nylon, which is good, because that's what the small filters on the pickup tubes in the gas tank are made of.

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Helped my brand new bike idle better and it is more difficult to stall the
engine now.

My son is doing a complete fuel line and carb cleanout on his just bought 79' Suzuki 750 4 cylinder, it looks like maybe he didn't have to do it manually because the bike was just idleing rough and hard to start, Seafoam might have cleaned the jets and lines up on it's own without all the disassemble and messy carb cleaner application.

Last year my Honda dealer charged 420 bucks to clean the carb and fuel
system on my 96' Honda Foreman ATV 4x4, Seafoam might have saved
some real big bucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts