Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I know everyone here says that seafoam is the end all your problems magic elixer, but I put some in my tank the last time I filled it up and (though I am not complaining) my bike seems to be a bit, well, louder. Is this normal? It isn't popping or backfiring or anything negative, I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this particular phenomena. Thanks, kait

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Not really, but if your jets were slightley plugged and running lean, it may have cleared them and running more gas through them. May cause more noise sence running better.

·
Registered
699 Posts
rut ro...by louder you do mean in a good way I hope...I just put some in today for the first time after getting home from filling up with gas.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
RUT RO! If it's louder then the seafoam cleaned the ear wax out. See? It's majick!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Run it on straight Seafoam and it will sound like a Alcohol dragster. A little bit goes along way.(just kidding)

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
cegodsey said:
RUT RO! If it's louder then the seafoam cleaned the ear wax out. See? It's majick!

hahaha ear wax :smiley_th

Might have to take this stuff to work.... use on co-workers!!!!

:doh:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just put seafoam in my bike for the first time this week and put about 200 miles on it. I haven't noticed any difference, but then my bike ran beautifully before!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is definitely a "good loud". I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed a difference. The bike only has 3500 miles on it, I got it with 1967 miles on it. It ran great before, but I thought a little cleanout would be good since I really don't know how it was treated before I got it.
kait

·
Registered
31 Posts
I used a double dose on one tank and then the single dose on the next,it ran like a bat out of hell.Now its on straight gas and running real fine.On the double dose I did notice a difference,but it wasnt a loud sound,its was a ready to go sound.

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Bike running somewhat hot, then stalling when I come to a stop.

Lena had been sitting in the garage for 6 days with no attention, I
ment to take her out about town, but had other things pressing.

On the way back from work today her temp needle was slightly to the
right of perpendicular. When I stopped to straighten out my load she
failed me and stalled. I could feel the heat from the engine. Figure it
is a Fuel to Air mixture problem or more likely just crud in the carb's and
Sea foam could be the answer ?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
In Illinois they sell Sea Foam at Napa, Lee auto parts, and most of the local auto parts stores. there is a picture in the Gallery of what it looks like. The pict is in the Misc. section

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Time for Iridium Plugs in the VN750.

From what I hear at this forum from riders who have actually used
Iridium Plugs is that they should solve my problem, but will have to find
some time to install the expensive lifetime jewels on my VN750.

Just bought a new bike, a 06' Kawasaki KLR650, and like the way it handles, starts, rides, leans, and sounds. On my way to work I pass several off road trails and have always wanted to jump off the pavement and do some trail riding, but Lena has to stay on the pavement or solid dirt roads.

After about two hours practice with the KLR650, I feel ready to take on the
State Skills test, the bike is much easier to lean around the cones, and balance if needed. Now if
my lady boss from NY will just slack off and give me some time off, I can get this darn test out of the way.
Back in 1970 received my MC endorsement from just passing a written test.. now you
have to be a circus performer and jump the bike through hoops. :mad:

After my other half heard that the new Dual Purpose bike I wanted to buy
would climb high in the mountains up where the Huckleberries are still on the vine
there was little opposition from anyone...including the mother-in-law. :rockon:

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
norsseman said:
Just bought a new bike, a 06' Kawasaki KLR650
There ya go !! Dualsports are great, and should make the skills test a breeze !!
I've been debating getting rid of my Kawi 300cc offroader for a bigger cc dualsport.

Best of luck to ya on the test!

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I'm thinking you mean cranberries. Huckleberries grow on bushes and look almost exactly like blueberries, but have a taste that is similar to a blueberry crossed with a blackberry.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
I just used seafoam for the first time. I noticed a change in idle speed from morning ride to work and evening ride home. After half a tank with seafoam, perfect idle at all times. Even noticed almost no popping during deceleration.

How often should one use seafoam? Once a month? Every 1,000 miles?

Jon

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey John welcome to the sea foam converted! General concensus is to use it about once a month. Only need to use about 3oz/10 gal. Now if you ride a lot, I would think you should put it in more often than that.. I am thinking of adding it every two weeks, until my riding habits change that is. Now I am riding about 300-450 miles a week average. So that is my two cents worth...

·
Registered
699 Posts
I myself add it every time I fill up, I use just shy of 1 oz per gallon, without it I definitely notice a difference.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
fergy said:
I'm thinking you mean cranberries. Huckleberries grow on bushes and look almost exactly like blueberries, but have a taste that is similar to a blueberry crossed with a blackberry.
So, if they don't grow in the water, then why do they have Finns?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts