Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1992 Vulcan 750
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was finally able to find a can of Sea Foam at my local NAPA store. The Sea Foam Web site may list distributors under the "Where to Buy Sea Foam" section http://www.seafoamsales.com/buy.htm, but it's not the case, at least not in this area. Anyway, I was able to get a 16-oz can; no one seems to know anything about the 1-gallon can.

My question is regarding the frequency of use. According to the can, you add 1-oz per gallon of gasoline. But, how often are we supposed to do it? Once every other fill-up? Once a month? Once every 1000 miles?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I use it once a month.

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
Under normal conditions (that is, no real crud buildup in the fuel system), to keep things effective, but yet economical...go with 3-5 oz per month (i.e., use with one tankful per month).

Or, if the bike is to sit for, say....2-4 weeks, make sure the tank has 3-5 oz in it during that time.....along with a full tank of gas.

·
Geek
872 Posts
I use it once a month.
Sorry Chad, but for the first time I have to disagree. Do you fill up four times a month or ten times a month ? I'm no expert but I think a recomendation should be something like every fourth or sixth fill up.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
That is true, I go through a couple of tanks a week. 40 miles round to work goes through the gas.
I do put in about once a month and works for me.
I don't let gas sit in to long.
If you don't ride as much I would say every other fill up.
I wasnt thinking:doh:

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Not to disagree with Chad again, :) but I'd say if you ride more you probably need to add it more often. If it sits more, just make sure it's sitting with seafoam in it and keep the tank full. Riding more means filling up the tank more often, and there's always a possibility that the gas you fill up with is dirty. So, I'd suggest that you put some in about every 400 miles or so if you ride a lot. Just a suggestion!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have to agree with fergy on this one! I ride 250 miles per week just to ride to work, then another 100 or so for fun. So at 350 miles per week I use it every other fill up. I put in a lot of gas and I don't know whats in it. Better to be safe than the be sorry. It doesn't hurt anything putting it in....so do it as much as you feel comfortable.

·
Geek
872 Posts
Now were getting somewhere. At 9 miles a day, round trip for work, I dont put on that many miles. But I do add some every fourth tank.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
There is alot of detergent in the gas in Illinois, that is why I dont add as much as some people.
You will learn your bike.
If you dont go through a tank a month I would always keep some in it.
a cap or 2 full a tank is not going to hurt.

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Stay away from Costco gas..

Most auto dealerships here are keeping their customers clear of Costco gas.
The dealers say that Costco gas has very little detergent in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts