Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm doing an ear shave/rejet and I really wanted to do the "One Piece Airbox/Surge Tank Removal-no cutting" method. I got to step 4) Remove one bolt holding the coolant tube on the rear head, wiggle it out of the head carefully, it has an o-ring. I was betting 95% in my mind coolant would flow out but since it didn't say flush the coolant I went with it. Coolant went all over the block, frame, in-between the heat shield on the newly installed V&H Cruzers, you name it(Now I get to practice flushing the coolant twice this week!). I noped really quickly as the thermostat and hoses and whole wiring harness seemed intimidating to remove for a newbie like myself (maybe as I progress mechanically but not today). Anyways I have a sawzall available but remembered I had a cable saw from my irrigation days and thought I'd give it a try. In 3 min the cut all the way through was complete. Note: since there is so much friction from the cable saw you will need to pry a flathead inbetween the cuts on both sides and pry the two pieces apart as they semi weld together at the seam while you cut, but no big deal. All-in-all a cable saw cots about $6 dollars and as long as you fish it through and make sure your only rubbing on surge tank, you will have 0 problems. Sorry for the extra info, I know I know don't care get to the point but it felt like something worth sharing to the community. Side note: Cable saw can also be used to pry the spring off the center stand, and will be putting it back on with it too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Tried to buy a cable saw at Home Depot recently. They'd never heard of such a thing.:BLAM:
Great to have in a pinch.

·
Registered
7,650 Posts
Tried to buy a cable saw at Home Depot recently. Th:BLAM:ey'd never heard of such a thing.:BLAM:
Great to have in a pinch.
Used to get one in the handle of survival knives.

Harbor Freight doesn't list a cable saw either. They do have a carbide "rod" blade for a hacksaw, should be somewhat flexible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts