Discussion Starter #1

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Fair price. Paid just over 300 in 2014.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
You'd think after all these years they could come up with one pic of a VN750 with their pipes on it.

Not a bad price, been looking at them since I got my bike in 2013.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Pipes as pictures. Dual side

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Crossover go buh bye

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Yea without the 'goats belly' it's a fine place for the R/R

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
No rejets for v&h exhaust needed really. Gas mileage would therefore be unaffected.

Can hear them here

·
Commander
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
One more question: if the goat's belly is gone, is there an H-pipe somewhere in the V&H system to replace it, or are the two pipes independent?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
No H pipe

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
So how DO they affect low-end performance since you say gas mileage doesn't seem to be affected? Sounds really nice. I had a friend that had a V-Star 650 once. He had done something to the pipes and it sounded like a much larger engine. Not bad but it was false advertising in a way. I happen to like the general sound of the 750 range motors. Not the heavy, deep sounds of a big motor and not the super-high revving sound of your general purpose sport bike. The V&Hs make it sound like what it really is: a warmed -over 750.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
So how DO they affect low-end performance since you say gas mileage doesn't seem to be affected? Sounds really nice. I had a friend that had a V-Star 650 once. He had done something to the pipes and it sounded like a much larger engine. Not bad but it was false advertising in a way. I happen to like the general sound of the 750 range motors. Not the heavy, deep sounds of a big motor and not the super-high revving sound of your general purpose sport bike. The V&Hs make it sound like what it really is: a warmed -over 750.
No performance is affected, at least not by butt-dyno standards.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts